[Q] going back to stock un rooted rom

10th June 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hey all,
I am looking to sell my Evo 4g lte because sprint really messed things up but that is neither here nor there. I would like to return it to stock for ease of selling it. can i do this without having a stock rooted rom and if possible can i run the updates to get the phone current for the next user? IF one of you want the rooted phone pm me i am up for anything.
Phone has MEAN BEAN rom on it and is s-off h boot 1.12.2222 radio 1.12.11.1210
thanks
stubby
10th June 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 1,918

3,588 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby1

Hey all,
I am looking to sell my Evo 4g lte because sprint really messed things up but that is neither here nor there. I would like to return it to stock for ease of selling it. can i do this without having a stock rooted rom and if possible can i run the updates to get the phone current for the next user? IF one of you want the rooted phone pm me i am up for anything.
Phone has MEAN BEAN rom on it and is s-off h boot 1.12.2222 radio 1.12.11.1210
thanks
stubby

Hit the top link in my sig and go to the section on RUU's. At the bottom of the first post I have links to all applicable RUU's for the EVO LTE. Easiest thing would be to run one of them if you want to get back to stock. If you want to go back to being S-on and stock, use VipeRUU.
10th June 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer

Hit the top link in my sig and go to the section on RUU's. At the bottom of the first post I have links to all applicable RUU's for the EVO LTE. Easiest thing would be to run one of them if you want to get back to stock. If you want to go back to being S-on and stock, use VipeRUU.

Thanks Magnum

Using the VipeRUU was supper easy and quick. Back to stock off to sell.
Last edited by stubby1; 11th June 2014 at 01:10 AM. Reason: update using ViperRUU
11th June 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL

3,588 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not a problem. Just remember that the RUU is run from your computer. Connect your phone and PC via USB cable, and once the connection is complete double-click the RUU file to start the installer. You may need to install HTC Sync so that you have the proper drivers installed on your computer. It takes about 10-15 minutes for the RUU to run, so be patient. VipeRUU is a little bit different. When you double-click the file to start the process, it will bring up a menu with options in it for you to choose from. It's pretty straightforward, though.
13th June 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #5  
Flag Columbia, MO
Thanks Meter: 8

18 posts
More
I've run VipeRUU a few times, but the bootloader stays unlocked. Anyone have any suggestions to get it back to a "Locked" state? I'm S-OFF, HBOOT 2.09.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
14th June 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #6  
Flag East Stroudsburg
Thanks Meter: 375

689 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornDogg

I've run VipeRUU a few times, but the bootloader stays unlocked. Anyone have any suggestions to get it back to a "Locked" state? I'm S-OFF, HBOOT 2.09.

fastboot oem lock

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th June 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #7  
Flag Columbia, MO
Thanks Meter: 8

18 posts
More
That would just make it show "Relocked", though, right?

14th June 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL

3,588 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution_Freak

fastboot oem lock

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I don't believe that will work being S-off (I've tried it before just for kicks and it didn't do anything). Even if it did, the bootloader would show the tampered and unlocked warning.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread