Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,643 Members 40,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to enter TWRP on Kindle Fire 2

Tip us?

jkhayworth
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Unable to enter TWRP on Kindle Fire 2

Hey I have my sister's Kindle Fire 2 (non-HD). It is currently on rooted stock with a bootloader installed but it has jacked up the Kindle App and now she can no longer read books or access the Kindle Store on it, on either the stock app or the Android Kindle app. I tried everything to fix that and I couldn't do it. Now she wants to go back to clean stock so as to not have to deal with all this crap. So I followed Hashcode's guide to install the bootloader and TWRP and it worked fine at first. I turned on the kindle, entered TWRP through the bootloader, backed up all of the images, put those backups on the computer, then rebooted. Now, however, when I select "Recovery" on bootup it just says "Booting.." but then nothing happens. I can still get into the normal boot okay but not TWRP. When it is in this "Booting..." state it cannot be recognized by anything. How should I proceed from here?

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 603

DONATE TO ME
Sounds like you need to try flashing twrp again. Check the md5sum of the file you are flashing, make sure its the right twrp form your model as well.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
Tags
bootloader, hashcode, kindle fire 2, recovery, twrp