Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,391 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can the AT&T SGH-i257 VoLTE(HD Voice) be rooted?

Tip us?

funkypunk69
Old
(Last edited by funkypunk69; 3rd June 2014 at 11:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamiclynk View Post
I haven't tried that just afraid to flash anything odin related, especially without a stock odin flash file.I looked on http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ but nothing as of yet.
If I had a few more tools and was more up to date I would do it. Unfortunately I have always relied strongly on the skills of the members here. I know someone will be through here in a bit after the phone has a little more exposure. It looks like we probably do need a few files that are more specific to this device. 1 thing I already noticed is that some variants of this device do not have a notification light.

slick4747
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkypunk69 View Post
If I had a few more tools and was more up to date I would do it. Unfortunately I have always relied strongly on the skills of the members here. I know someone will be through here in a bit after the phone has a little more exposure. It looks like we probably do need a few files that are more specific to this device. 1 thing I already noticed is that some variants of this device do not have a notification light.

Seems there are ways to root the SGH-i257M but it sure would be nice to have a definite and tested root for the SGH-i257
Tags
root, sgh-i257