[Q] Help, ap fastboot flash failure stuck on boot

10th June 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Ok so I gained root access on my Droid razr maxx and tried to use the motopocalyse exploit tool to unlock the bootloader but misunderstood that it would work to unlock the bootloader on my build. The flash failed now I am having to use the button combo to boot the phone. Here are the details of the phone system version:9.18.94.XT926, razr maxx hd, Android:4.1.2 build :9.8.1Q94. Is it possible to unlock bootloader and can someone help me, I do have rsd lite installed, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
10th June 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 610

1,459 posts
More
you can NOT unlock.
any successful flash will fix the error. you could grab your current version from here and re-flash it.
Last edited by bweN diorD; 10th June 2014 at 11:06 PM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Prompt
Okay, will I need to mod the file any I read somewhere that I would need to edit it and take the lines containing getvar out,but other say its not needed. I am assuming a wipe would also be essential for the flash. .Also, can anyone recommend any safestrap compatible roms for this phone. I am doing this for a friend that would love something similar to my Alliance rom that I am currently running on my Note 2, I am more comfortable using odin and the download mode on my samsung. .
13th June 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #4  
Flag Ft. Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 567

1,607 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by youraffliction

Okay, will I need to mod the file any I read somewhere that I would need to edit it and take the lines containing getvar out,but other say its not needed. I am assuming a wipe would also be essential for the flash. .Also, can anyone recommend any safestrap compatible roms for this phone. I am doing this for a friend that would love something similar to my Alliance rom that I am currently running on my Note 2, I am more comfortable using odin and the download mode on my samsung. .

I would edit it so it doesn't flash those. odin is Samsung's version of fastboot, you'll be fine, just grab RSD and you'll be up and running in no time
The Following User Says Thank You to palmbeach05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Smile Successful flash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

I would edit it so it doesn't flash those. odin is Samsung's version of fastboot, you'll be fine, just grab RSD and you'll be up and running in no time

Okay, First I would like to thank you both, I have restored the phone back to working order, restored root and safestrap. Now I am in the process of finding a rom that would work, with the priority being stability and customization, any advice?The only thing I would recommend to people in the same predicament is to download the firmware into its own separate folder because it would not work in my main download folder, not sure why, something to do with the boot image.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread