Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,695 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help, ap fastboot flash failure stuck on boot

Tip us?

youraffliction
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Help, ap fastboot flash failure stuck on boot

Ok so I gained root access on my Droid razr maxx and tried to use the motopocalyse exploit tool to unlock the bootloader but misunderstood that it would work to unlock the bootloader on my build. The flash failed now I am having to use the button combo to boot the phone. Here are the details of the phone system version:9.18.94.XT926, razr maxx hd, Android:4.1.2 build :9.8.1Q94. Is it possible to unlock bootloader and can someone help me, I do have rsd lite installed, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

bweN diorD
Old
(Last edited by bweN diorD; 10th June 2014 at 11:06 PM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 428
you can NOT unlock.
any successful flash will fix the error. you could grab your current version from here and re-flash it.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
To insure i see your reply, always QUOTE me or use @bweN diorD Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

youraffliction
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay, will I need to mod the file any I read somewhere that I would need to edit it and take the lines containing getvar out,but other say its not needed. I am assuming a wipe would also be essential for the flash. .Also, can anyone recommend any safestrap compatible roms for this phone. I am doing this for a friend that would love something similar to my Alliance rom that I am currently running on my Note 2, I am more comfortable using odin and the download mode on my samsung. .

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by youraffliction View Post
Okay, will I need to mod the file any I read somewhere that I would need to edit it and take the lines containing getvar out,but other say its not needed. I am assuming a wipe would also be essential for the flash. .Also, can anyone recommend any safestrap compatible roms for this phone. I am doing this for a friend that would love something similar to my Alliance rom that I am currently running on my Note 2, I am more comfortable using odin and the download mode on my samsung. .
I would edit it so it doesn't flash those. odin is Samsung's version of fastboot, you'll be fine, just grab RSD and you'll be up and running in no time
The Following User Says Thank You to palmbeach05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

youraffliction
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Successful flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05 View Post
I would edit it so it doesn't flash those. odin is Samsung's version of fastboot, you'll be fine, just grab RSD and you'll be up and running in no time
Okay, First I would like to thank you both, I have restored the phone back to working order, restored root and safestrap. Now I am in the process of finding a rom that would work, with the priority being stability and customization, any advice?The only thing I would recommend to people in the same predicament is to download the firmware into its own separate folder because it would not work in my main download folder, not sure why, something to do with the boot image.