FORUMS

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

Halo on screen

Thanks Meter: 1,357
 
By berndblb, Recognized Contributor on 14th June 2014, 06:23 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Has anybody seen something like this before and can explain what it is?
Touch works fine, functionality is not impaired, but it's right in the center of the screen and is going to bug the heck out of me!!

Edit: Shoot! Screen shot does not capture it. It's an eliptical halo (a circle or ring of light).

Last edited by berndblb; 14th June 2014 at 06:30 AM.
 
 
14th June 2014, 06:53 AM |#2  
berndblb's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,357
 
More
Never mind... After using the tablet for 30 minutes or so, it just disappeared.
Anybody have an idea what that was??
14th June 2014, 10:14 AM |#3  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 14,647
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

Never mind... After using the tablet for 30 minutes or so, it just disappeared.
Anybody have an idea what that was??

Aliens?

Could be a water mark others have reported? Are you in a humid area?
14th June 2014, 03:29 PM |#4  
berndblb's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,357
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

Aliens?

Ha! Could be... I was very close to Area 51 recently.
I'm afraid it may be "The Ring" - Help!


Quote:

Could be a water mark others have reported? Are you in a humid area?

Nope. Bone dry here
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 06:44 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

Has anybody seen something like this before and can explain what it is?
Touch works fine, functionality is not impaired, but it's right in the center of the screen and is going to bug the heck out of me!!

Edit: Shoot! Screen shot does not capture it. It's an eliptical halo (a circle or ring of light).

Got the same issue exactly. Mine got squeezed in a bag, and the center of the screen touched the LCD.
The halo slowly dissapered over the next few minutes. This happened 3 times so far.

I replaced my portfolio after that because with it, the cover is not totally flat over the screen because of the claw that squeeze the tablet, and if you put something over the tablet, the portfolio cover bend in the center, so all the pressure is at one place.

Replaced it with the TransCover, everything fine now.

My old portfolio was like this model:

The Following User Says Thank You to ndompierre For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 06:59 PM |#6  
berndblb's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,357
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndompierre

Got the same issue exactly. Mine got squeezed in a bag, and the center of the screen touched the LCD.
The halo slowly dissapered over the next few minutes. This happened 3 times so far.

I replaced my portfolio after that because with it, the cover is not totally flat over the screen because of the claw that squeeze the tablet, and if you put something over the tablet, the portfolio cover bend in the center, so all the pressure is at one place.

Replaced it with the TransCover, everything fine now.

Hmmm - it did happen after I came back from a trip. Tablet was clamshell closed in a bag, no cover though. Could be that it got squeezed, that i threw another bag on top or some such..
Thanks for responding. I will be more careful now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes