Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more
Post Reply

[Q] HTC Droid DNA on CM11 M7 release

OP kgwy

14th June 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dharwad
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Hi All,

My Droid DNA is currently running CM11 M7 release. I have been experiencing network signal loss around 3-4 times a day. Every time I lose the signal, my phone automatically restarts and acquires the signal back.

Previously, before updating to M7, a month back I was on one of the May Nightlies (forgot the date and lost the backup too) and was not seeing this issue.

What could possibly be wrong? Do you think I should update the radio, hboot or go back to some other version of CM?

Your responses are much appreciated!

Thanks,
15th June 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #2  
deathrow1992's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
114 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Did you do a full wipe before updating?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
15th June 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #3  
orangechoochoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Beating up dumbbells
Thanks Meter: 604
 
1,971 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrow1992

Did you do a full wipe before updating?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Yup, try a full wipe (dalvik, cache, data, and system...restore NOTHING).
17th June 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dharwad
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangechoochoo

Yup, try a full wipe (dalvik, cache, data, and system...restore NOTHING).


Yes, I tried wiping the dalvik along with cache, data and kept it under monitoring for 1 full day to see the problem and yes, it did restart again. So, no, I dont think wiping dalvik, cache data is helping!

What about the system? Do you mean to say, I need to install the firmware and stuff? Please advise.


Thanks
Kiran
18th June 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,560
 
1,769 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgwy

Hi All,

My Droid DNA is currently running CM11 M7 release. I have been experiencing network signal loss around 3-4 times a day. Every time I lose the signal, my phone automatically restarts and acquires the signal back.

Previously, before updating to M7, a month back I was on one of the May Nightlies (forgot the date and lost the backup too) and was not seeing this issue.

What could possibly be wrong? Do you think I should update the radio, hboot or go back to some other version of CM?

Your responses are much appreciated!

Thanks,

Nothing changed in CM that would require the new radio. It is always possible something changed at Verizon requiring the new radios though.

Next time it happens grab all the logs using the SysLog app by tortel and send them to me in a PM.
19th June 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dharwad
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crpalmer

Nothing changed in CM that would require the new radio. It is always possible something changed at Verizon requiring the new radios though.

Next time it happens grab all the logs using the SysLog app by tortel and send them to me in a PM.

thanks for your response!

I have downloaded the app now. Its actually difficult to capture the logs just before the phone restarts as I don't know the time it happens. But let me try and see what I can capture.

Thanks

EDIT - Hi @crpalmer, I have been trying to get hold of the logs. However, I am unable to as I exactly don't know when the system will restart. Question is, do you need the logs just before the restart or is it okay to get it after the restart too? If you need them after the restart, is there a time-line before which I can capture them?

Please advise.
Last edited by kgwy; 20th June 2014 at 02:40 PM. Reason: New Information
20th June 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
108 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgwy

thanks for your response!

I have downloaded the app now. Its actually difficult to capture the logs just before the phone restarts as I don't know the time it happens. But let me try and see what I can capture.

Thanks

EDIT - Hi @crpalmer, I have been trying to get hold of the logs. However, I am unable to as I exactly don't know when the system will restart. Question is, do you need the logs just before the restart or is it okay to get it after the restart too? If you need them after the restart, is there a time-line before which I can capture them?

Please advise.

You can usually find the log from the last reboot by running the following adb commands. This *should* show any errors that were causing the freeze/reboot.

adb pull /proc/last_kmsg

It appears you can also do this through SysLog by sharing the 'Last Kernel Log'.
The Following User Says Thank You to durgis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dharwad
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by durgis

You can usually find the log from the last reboot by running the following adb commands. This *should* show any errors that were causing the freeze/reboot.

adb pull /proc/last_kmsg

It appears you can also do this through SysLog by sharing the 'Last Kernel Log'.


Thank you! I have now sent the logs to @crpalmer and hoping that he will shed some light..
30th June 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dharwad
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Post Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgwy

Thank you! I have now sent the logs to @crpalmer and hoping that he will shed some light..


UPDATE - Just an update to people who may be following this thread

I did provide the logs to @crpalmer. His response

"There isn't much there. All it says is that it failed to bring some hardware back online after sleeping. I've seen that once before and thought it was likely a sign of a hardware problem."

He also pointed me to https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-4205 where they are tracking this problem which is similar to mine.


However, after having reported this issue with my phone, my phone never has restarted because of this problem. Its been more than 150 hours since my phone last restarted. Note that there has been no change in my phone updates or anything similar.

I am still following the above link and hoping that it will be included in one of the nightlies.

Thank you,
30th June 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,560
 
1,769 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgwy

UPDATE - Just an update to people who may be following this thread

I did provide the logs to @crpalmer. His response

"There isn't much there. All it says is that it failed to bring some hardware back online after sleeping. I've seen that once before and thought it was likely a sign of a hardware problem."

He also pointed me to https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-4205 where they are tracking this problem which is similar to mine.


However, after having reported this issue with my phone, my phone never has restarted because of this problem. Its been more than 150 hours since my phone last restarted. Note that there has been no change in my phone updates or anything similar.

I am still following the above link and hoping that it will be included in one of the nightlies.

Thank you,

FYI, the person that reported the jira issue ran a test build (with a change made for this problem) for 3 days (it usually rebooted for him within a few minutes) so it was merged today.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crpalmer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes