Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ascend P6 B510 Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update Released in Europe

Tip us?

xman9491
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Ascend P6 B510 Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update Released in Europe

According to the latest reports we received from our readers, Huawei is finally pushing out official Android 4.4 update for people in some European countries such as Hungary,Romania and Czech Republic. This new B510 update seems to be the same one pushed to registered beta testers in Germany not too long ago. There is speculation and rumors going on that Huawei rushed and outed the beta firmware as official one, but knowing Huawei’s numbering scheme B510 still could be the final official one intended for release in Europe.

Here are some details about this official firmware

Compatible Model – Ascend P6-U06
Firmware version – B510
Android version – 4.4.2 KitKat
Emotion UI version – EMUI 2.3
Kernel version – 3.0.8-00787
Size – 775MB
Region – Europe
English language is included

We won’t go through describing the changelog here because you guys have probably know the changes by now because of the leaked and official Chinese firmwares. Basically this update brings the new EMUI 2.3 user interface and few new software additions to the camera and power saving features.

Again we still don’t know why Huawei pushed B510 firmware as a beta one to Germany and as a official one to others. The download file below is obtained from the official B510 release and not the B510 German beta release. So if future proves that both B510 aren’t the same you can be rest assured that we have provided you the official release.

Make sure that you are running B132 firmware before installing this new B510 release. This B510 was pushed to the users running official B132 firmware http://huaweinews.com/2014/03/ascend-p6-b132-firmware/ and early adopters of B510 reported us that B510 won’t install correctly as the previous leaked KitKat firmwares unless you are running B132 prior installing B510.

Download link - http://dl.huaweinews.com/Roms/Ascend-P6/B510.zip

Please report the issues and your thoughts about this firmware in the comments below so other readers will be aware of it.

Source: http://huaweinews.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to xman9491 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ajith Prabhu
Old
Thanks Meter 14
please can someone create a zip file so that we can flash through TWRP? im finding it really hard to downgrade !!

icefun
Old
Thanks Meter 2
+1

aslomax
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Info 2 arabic

dose it include Arabic keyboard

dream_fun
Old
Thanks Meter 2
How we can delete the Omni ROM and go back to B132 in order to try this release ??

cyocady
Old
Thanks Meter 0
yes...if someone can do what Reyncla did..and make a b132 if not the original b510 (the one here) that we can flash from twrp...that would be nice
i am trying to get the original rom on to the phone and it doesn't work...maybe i am not using the correct recovery for the correct rom ..i do not know..i will keep trying and tell you guys if it works

Sacerdot
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I cannot update to 510, i'm on b132... i tried OTA update and local update, none work for me...when it boots in recovery mode i get an error 7 something about music2.apk...i tried the download link ota download...but nothing...same error. I tried factory reset, wipe cache partition...still nothing...any ideas?

surdu_petru
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7480

DONATE TO ME
Hello !

This update work only for Stock Huawei Firmware B132 JB and also for Stock Huawei Beta B510 KitKat !

If you have issue to update from this two stock firmware, it seems that your stock rom in your device was modified , so you should put all the files back .

For all device already updated to KitKat but not Beta 510 , you can downgrade by installing a intermediate step ( update.app ) . Only now you are able to flash Stock B132 UPDATE.APP by /dload method .

For all device already updated to OmniROM KitKat 4.4.3, you can directly downgrade to B132 ( without install intermediate step update.app ) .
Put UPDATE.APP from Stock B132 in external sdcard/dload directory, also you should put back stock boot.img & recovery.img ( for B506 ) from second post TWRP 2.7.0.0 ! After these three steps you can downgrade by pressing combo key . ( Before put back stock recovery from B506, please go to TWRP recovery and wipe : cache, dalvik-cache, cust, data & system ) .

Good luck !
Huawei Ascend P6 | Quad Core 1.5GHz | 8GB | 2GB RAM ( Omni ROM 4.4.4 ! )
Motorola RAZR XT910 | Dual Core 1.2GHz | 16GB | 1GB RAM ( Pac - MAN 4.4.2 ! )
HTC One M8 | Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 2.3GHz | 16GB | 2GB RAM ( Stock 4.4.2 )

If you find my work useful, feel free to hit the THANKS button below !
The Following User Says Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cyocady
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by surdu_petru View Post
Hello !

This update work only for Stock Huawei Firmware B132 JB and also for Stock Huawei Beta B510 KitKat !

If you have issue to update from this two stock firmware, it seems that your stock rom in your device was modified , so you should put all the files back .

For all device already updated to KitKat but not Beta 510 , you can downgrade by installing a intermediate step ( update.app ) . Only now you are able to flash Stock B132 UPDATE.APP by /dload method .

For all device already updated to OmniROM KitKat 4.4.3, you can directly downgrade to B132 ( without install intermediate step update.app ) .
Put UPDATE.APP from Stock B132 in external sdcard/dload directory, also you should put back stock boot.img & recovery.img ( for B506 ) from second post TWRP 2.7.0.0 ! After these three steps you can downgrade by pressing combo key . ( Before put back stock recovery from B506, please go to TWRP recovery and wipe : cache, dalvik-cache, cust, data & system ) .

Good luck !
hello...again...since i posted on other threads and now i see that u posted the way to go to stock here....i will post here my problem
so...i am on OmniROM KitKat 4.4.3 with TWRP 2.7.0.0
did a wipe for all the shiet except external card
than flashed B506 stock .img and recovery.img(in this order) than reboot
now...with a new 8gb sdhc10 from sandisk formated in fat 32 with the folder dload wich contains B132 UPDATE.APP i boot in recovery
and fail
so what do i have to do now..causei red all the forum..did all the tricks...and nothing
any ideea will be apreciated
thanks boys

surdu_petru
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7480

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyocady View Post
hello...again...since i posted on other threads and now i see that u posted the way to go to stock here....i will post here my problem
so...i am on OmniROM KitKat 4.4.3 with TWRP 2.7.0.0
did a wipe for all the shiet except external card
than flashed B506 stock .img and recovery.img(in this order) than reboot
now...with a new 8gb sdhc10 from sandisk formated in fat 32 with the folder dload wich contains B132 UPDATE.APP i boot in recovery
and fail
so what do i have to do now..causei red all the forum..did all the tricks...and nothing
any ideea will be apreciated
thanks boys
Nop, you shouldn't wipe Internal Storage on TWRP ! I already downgraded ( and more than once ) from OmniROM 4.4.3 directaly to UPDATE.APP from B132, but wiped all without Internal and External Storage .

Now , you can try with intermediate UPDATE.APP before flash UPDATE.APP from B132.

Good luck .
Huawei Ascend P6 | Quad Core 1.5GHz | 8GB | 2GB RAM ( Omni ROM 4.4.4 ! )
Motorola RAZR XT910 | Dual Core 1.2GHz | 16GB | 1GB RAM ( Pac - MAN 4.4.2 ! )
HTC One M8 | Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 2.3GHz | 16GB | 2GB RAM ( Stock 4.4.2 )

If you find my work useful, feel free to hit the THANKS button below !