FORUMS

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Droid Turbo Lollipop OTA, 2015 Moto G Leaked – XDA TV

Android Lollipop for the Droid Turbo has been released. That and much more … more

[Sony Xperia M] Backup TA - root required

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By luki30210, Junior Member on 13th June 2014, 09:51 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi. I want to make a backup of TA, but I can't root my phone - I tried to use "DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v17_perf-event-exploit". Is there any way to do root? I have stock Android 4.3
 
 
13th June 2014, 10:39 PM |#2  
gamer649's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 522
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luki30210

Hi. I want to make a backup of TA, but I can't root my phone - I tried to use "DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v17_perf-event-exploit". Is there any way to do root? I have stock Android 4.3

Go check the general sub-forum. You'll find the nicki root toolkit there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gamer649 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 05:26 AM |#3  
luki30210's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Zawadka
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Is there any way to root without downgrading?
Last edited by luki30210; 14th June 2014 at 05:38 AM.
14th June 2014, 06:25 AM |#4  
gamer649's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 522
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luki30210

Is there any way to root without downgrading?

The only way to root without downgrading is to unlock your bootloader, install a kernel with CWM embedded and then install the SU binaries through CWM.

The guide for this is in the general sub-section too.

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to gamer649 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 06:28 AM |#5  
luki30210's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Zawadka
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer649

The only way to root without downgrading is to unlock your bootloader, install a kernel with CWM embedded and then install the SU binaries through CWM.

The guide for this is in the general sub-section too.

But I will lost chance to backup TA?
14th June 2014, 08:38 AM |#6  
gamer649's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 522
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luki30210

But I will lost chance to backup TA?

That is correct, yes. The only way to root without downgrading is to use the nicki root toolkit. This is because all exploits used in roots on previous firmwares have been patched by Sony.
The Following User Says Thank You to gamer649 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 08:54 AM |#7  
luki30210's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Zawadka
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
But if I will downgrade, my TA backup will be good? Or useless?

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7 przy użyciu Tapatalka
14th June 2014, 09:11 AM |#8  
gamer649's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 522
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luki30210

But if I will downgrade, my TA backup will be good? Or useless?

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7 przy użyciu Tapatalka

I have no clue, some users have reported that you can restore your 4.1.2/4.2.2 TA on the 4.3 firmware however. I would suggest downgrading, rooting, use the nicki root toolkit to upgrade to the newest firmware (whilst also rooting it), taking the TA backup from that firmware and then unlocking your bootloader (if you wish so).
The Following User Says Thank You to gamer649 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 09:29 AM |#9  
luki30210's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Zawadka
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer649

I have no clue, some users have reported that you can restore your 4.1.2/4.2.2 TA on the 4.3 firmware however. I would suggest downgrading, rooting, use the nicki root toolkit to upgrade to the newest firmware (whilst also rooting it), taking the TA backup from that firmware and then unlocking your bootloader (if you wish so).

OK. I just downgraded my phone, but I can't install root by Nicki Root (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hp?t=2709911):


EDIT: I found solution. Killing old ADB.exe

EDIT2: Everithing is fine. Now I have CM11 ^^. Thank you gamer649
Last edited by luki30210; 14th June 2014 at 10:25 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes