Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,896 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Carrier Firmware

Tip us?

Jammi Doger
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Carrier Firmware

I recently re-installed the stock firmware on my Galaxy S4, because I wanted to get the newest version, which I previously couldn't as I was rooted. And I noticed when It booted, it now has a Carrier logo of THREE on the boot screen. Was this added in 4.4.2? I could only find carrier versions of the firmware online, and no others, so I picked my carrier. If there is any online that are not linked to a carrier could I get a link please?

GT-I9505 - Is the model

Poroto
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammi Doger View Post
I recently re-installed the stock firmware on my Galaxy S4, because I wanted to get the newest version, which I previously couldn't as I was rooted. And I noticed when It booted, it now has a Carrier logo of THREE on the boot screen. Was this added in 4.4.2? I could only find carrier versions of the firmware online, and no others, so I picked my carrier. If there is any online that are not linked to a carrier could I get a link please?

GT-I9505 - Is the model
yeah of course, all you gotta do is download the correct firmware through sammobile.com. just select your country with no carrier

Jammi Doger
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poroto View Post
yeah of course, all you gotta do is download the correct firmware through sammobile.com. just select your country with no carrier
Is that the 'BTU' version?

Jammi Doger
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bump

Joku1981
Old
(Last edited by Joku1981; 14th June 2014 at 09:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammi Doger View Post
Bump
1. Conect it to Kies 3 and verify your CSC like in pic attached below.
2. Knowing your CSC you can go to Sammobile.com and download the correct firmware for ur phone. The firmware will be without carrier logos if your phone is unlocked.
3. Tell me your CSC if u are confused and i will help telling you the correct firmware for ur device
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20130106184600001.png
Views:	18
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	2797273  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA