[Q] Phone keeps rebooting after ROM installation

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By naamag, Junior Member on 14th June 2014, 10:40 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm new around, hope this is the right forum...
I have a galaxy s1 (i1900) which I flashed with a new ROM (2.3.6) in the past and then installed 4.2.2 from a zip, and it worked fine for a few months.
Having the same ROM file I used before, I tried to get it back to 2.3.6, as the 4.2.2 didn't work quite well, causing some problems when trying to make phone calls / receive calls.
After flashing the 2.3.6 again, the phone kept rebooting itself. Having read a few different guides online I tried all options - wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache... then did some dramatic things like formatting /system, /cache /sdcard... I know it's not a very smart things to do when you don't know what you're doing, but I guess I felt I have nothing to lose at this point...

I also tried to reinstall 4.2.2 again and it only rebooted to the recovery mode whenever turning it on.
When mounting to USB I see no files in the device at all, only a folder called 'clockworkmod' with file called '.recovery_version' inside, and 2 empty folders named 'external_sd' and 'LOST.DIR'. It also shows it has 13.2GB free out of 13.2GB, which is weird, because the os doesn't occupy any of the capacity.

How do I save this poor device?

Many thanks in advance for your kind help!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread