Post Reply

[Q] camera not working on samsung tab p3110

OP newrootie

13th June 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Hi, i'm new to rooting. just managed to root my old samsung tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110 using CM-11 nightly.
after successful rooting it, i found there isn't any camera app on my tablet and several tries on downloading one, didn't work at all.

i have tried installing some camera zip and camera apk but it still didn't work.

anyone can you please help me and guide me on how can i get my camera back on my tablet??

very much appreciated.

thank you
13th June 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by newrootie

Hi, i'm new to rooting. just managed to root my old samsung tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110 using CM-11 nightly.
after successful rooting it, i found there isn't any camera app on my tablet and several tries on downloading one, didn't work at all.

i have tried installing some camera zip and camera apk but it still didn't work.

anyone can you please help me and guide me on how can i get my camera back on my tablet??

very much appreciated.

thank you

you should have "focal" as your camera app, but you can also just flash a stock ROM that has root so everything is back to its familiar setup and apps.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
13th June 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #3  
katsika's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 52
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Hi guys, i have exactly the same problem. I have a 3110 and i decided to move from cm 10.1.3 to cm11. I performed the data wipe/factory reset with the latest version of twrp, installed the rom, installed the gapps package and everything seems to work fine except for the camera. There is no app at the drawer, i can not install google camera from the playstore, and the apps that i installed either in apk or zip form do not work. Some crash, camera zoom fx doesnt have the option to take picture and some other apps throw an error message about "can not find the hardware camera" and staff like this. Can someone help me plz?


Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenpoke

you should have "focal" as your camera app, but you can also just flash a stock ROM that has root so everything is back to its familiar setup and apps.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

i installed it and it also doesnt work. It reports that it can not connect to the hardware camera and then it crashes.
13th June 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsika

Hi guys, i have exactly the same problem. I have a 3110 and i decided to move from cm 10.1.3 to cm11. I performed the data wipe/factory reset with the latest version of twrp, installed the rom, installed the gapps package and everything seems to work fine except for the camera. There is no app at the drawer, i can not install google camera from the playstore, and the apps that i installed either in apk or zip form do not work. Some crash, camera zoom fx doesnt have the option to take picture and some other apps throw an error message about "can not find the hardware camera" and staff like this. Can someone help me plz?




i installed it and it also doesnt work. It reports that it can not connect to the hardware camera and then it crashes.

then it must be an issue in the ROM itself.
either a bad download or an bug in the system.

inquire in the specific rom thread to address the problem and if you have time Google "log cat android" and make a log when you try to open the app.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
13th June 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #5  
katsika's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 52
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
@tokenpoke its indeed a bug in the system, camera is broken at cm 11atm, you need to apply a fix. The solution can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2909 , thnx goes to @webdroidmt for pointing that out.
The Following User Says Thank You to katsika For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsika

@tokenpoke its indeed a bug in the system, camera is broken at cm 11atm, you need to apply a fix. The solution can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2909 , thnx goes to @webdroidmt for pointing that out.

thanks.

it no longer helps me since I traded my tab for a chromebook (I buy devices to play with them and trade friends when I get bored) but I'll pass it along to the new owner

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
14th June 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenpoke

you should have "focal" as your camera app, but you can also just flash a stock ROM that has root so everything is back to its familiar setup and apps.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Thank you bro, will try to use a different ROM to test it out again.

i have tried the thread stated in this forum where i also found many having such issues, but the remedy just didn't work out for me.

I guess i will have to re-root it again.

thank you once again
14th June 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by newrootie

Thank you bro, will try to use a different ROM to test it out again.

i have tried the thread stated in this forum where i also found many having such issues, but the remedy just didn't work out for me.

I guess i will have to re-root it again.

thank you once again

no need to reroot if you've installed a custom recovery.
most ROMs are already rooted and there is an option when booting your system from recovery that injects root into nonrooted roms

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes