Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,302 Members 51,617 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] camera not working on samsung tab p3110

Tip us?

newrootie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] camera not working on samsung tab p3110

Hi, i'm new to rooting. just managed to root my old samsung tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110 using CM-11 nightly.
after successful rooting it, i found there isn't any camera app on my tablet and several tries on downloading one, didn't work at all.

i have tried installing some camera zip and camera apk but it still didn't work.

anyone can you please help me and guide me on how can i get my camera back on my tablet??

very much appreciated.

thank you

tokenpoke
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by newrootie View Post
Hi, i'm new to rooting. just managed to root my old samsung tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110 using CM-11 nightly.
after successful rooting it, i found there isn't any camera app on my tablet and several tries on downloading one, didn't work at all.

i have tried installing some camera zip and camera apk but it still didn't work.

anyone can you please help me and guide me on how can i get my camera back on my tablet??

very much appreciated.

thank you
you should have "focal" as your camera app, but you can also just flash a stock ROM that has root so everything is back to its familiar setup and apps.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

katsika
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Hi guys, i have exactly the same problem. I have a 3110 and i decided to move from cm 10.1.3 to cm11. I performed the data wipe/factory reset with the latest version of twrp, installed the rom, installed the gapps package and everything seems to work fine except for the camera. There is no app at the drawer, i can not install google camera from the playstore, and the apps that i installed either in apk or zip form do not work. Some crash, camera zoom fx doesnt have the option to take picture and some other apps throw an error message about "can not find the hardware camera" and staff like this. Can someone help me plz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenpoke View Post
you should have "focal" as your camera app, but you can also just flash a stock ROM that has root so everything is back to its familiar setup and apps.

i installed it and it also doesnt work. It reports that it can not connect to the hardware camera and then it crashes.

tokenpoke
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsika View Post
Hi guys, i have exactly the same problem. I have a 3110 and i decided to move from cm 10.1.3 to cm11. I performed the data wipe/factory reset with the latest version of twrp, installed the rom, installed the gapps package and everything seems to work fine except for the camera. There is no app at the drawer, i can not install google camera from the playstore, and the apps that i installed either in apk or zip form do not work. Some crash, camera zoom fx doesnt have the option to take picture and some other apps throw an error message about "can not find the hardware camera" and staff like this. Can someone help me plz?

i installed it and it also doesnt work. It reports that it can not connect to the hardware camera and then it crashes.
then it must be an issue in the ROM itself.
either a bad download or an bug in the system.

inquire in the specific rom thread to address the problem and if you have time Google "log cat android" and make a log when you try to open the app.

katsika
Old
Thanks Meter 52
@tokenpoke its indeed a bug in the system, camera is broken at cm 11atm, you need to apply a fix. The solution can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2909 , thnx goes to @webdroidmt for pointing that out.
The Following User Says Thank You to katsika For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tokenpoke
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsika View Post
@tokenpoke its indeed a bug in the system, camera is broken at cm 11atm, you need to apply a fix. The solution can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2909 , thnx goes to @webdroidmt for pointing that out.
thanks.

it no longer helps me since I traded my tab for a chromebook (I buy devices to play with them and trade friends when I get bored) but I'll pass it along to the new owner

newrootie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenpoke View Post

Thank you bro, will try to use a different ROM to test it out again.

i have tried the thread stated in this forum where i also found many having such issues, but the remedy just didn't work out for me.

I guess i will have to re-root it again.

thank you once again

tokenpoke
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by newrootie View Post
Thank you bro, will try to use a different ROM to test it out again.

i have tried the thread stated in this forum where i also found many having such issues, but the remedy just didn't work out for me.

I guess i will have to re-root it again.

thank you once again
no need to reroot if you've installed a custom recovery.
most ROMs are already rooted and there is an option when booting your system from recovery that injects root into nonrooted roms