Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from f69m: Proudly presenting MultiROM for our beloved TF300T (unofficial port).

[BOOT][4.2+][UNOFFICIAL] MultiROM for TF300T [2014-02-13]

Tip us?

AgentTabasco
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default Having Difficulties

I have been trying to follow the directions on this and get the multi-rom installed but I keep getting a fail. This is what it says when I try to install from the multi-rom TWRP:

Failed to create fake boot image filePrimary/boot.blob (No such file or directory)!
Restoring mounts...
Updating partition details...
Error flashing zip 'external_sdcard/multirom-v22-20140316-UNOFFICIAL-tf300t.zip
updating partition details...

and from here it shows Failed.

Here is my current system info:
Android version: 4.2.1
Kernel version: 3.1.10-10.6.1.14.8-that4+that@ws#13 Tue Jul 2 23:21:24 CEST 2013
Build number: TF300 CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.4-10.6.1.27.5 WW ODEX

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

nbnion
Old
(Last edited by nbnion; 22nd March 2014 at 04:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by z1022 View Post
Now I use CROMi-X 5.4 with TWRP2.5.0.0.

I try to use the later version MutiROM arch 16. After I flash the MutiROM, I can see the MutiROM boot screen. When I select Pri ROM, it stick on ASUS logo.

I try this MutiROM so long time. However, I still cannot use it.

I think I will forgive to install CROMi-X 5.4 ROM as PRI. ROM.
yea, same thing here. after install multiRom i get stock on Asus logo.

Edit: can anybody confirm the latest multiRom works with cromix 5.4 _that kernel?
Thanks
skyrocket - embryo 7
s4 - goldeneye? (idk, iB4 updates it every day
tf300 - cromiX fastest Rom (sdbags

Drahric
Old
(Last edited by Drahric; 27th March 2014 at 12:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 29
I have a puzzle for you to solve...
So I stopped using multirom due to a swapping issue that corrupted all of the installs on multirom, lucky me having been there before I had a backup with a full emergency replacement rom anyway space is starting to get tight on my tablet and I want to free up some space that multirom is taking up... Go into my file manager and find out that the multirom folder takes no space whatsoever (ie has a size of 0.00 bytes). Empty folder = safe to delete (most of the time). That folder will not go away though, Failed delete attempts, false positives, opendir failures (when using terminal emulator). I have tried everything I can think of, short of wiping internal storage (which needs to be done soon given all of the gunk in there). So there is my story of the multirom folder that will not go away. glad to see progress though

ps If your thinking it is a permissions problem, Its not, trust me.

Edit: The folder didn't survive the wipe I did so no need to try and solve this problem.

Sent from the CROMI-Xifed tf300t
Alcatel OneTouch Evolve w/ Stock 4.1
TF300 with PAC 4.4.4

Ninja Potatoe
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Does this support ubuntu? I installed xubuntu but after an update to CM11 the rabbit dualboot kernel stopped working (bootloop if I recall correctly) so someone in the thread pointed me to kexecboot. After install, again, with newest CM11, I lose wifi in Android but can dualboot (wifi isn't availeable in xubuntu either).
Nexus 5 32GB Black
TF300T dual-booting CROMKi-kk and xUbuntu

rjmxtech
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Potatoe View Post
Does this support ubuntu? I installed xubuntu but after an update to CM11 the rabbit dualboot kernel stopped working (bootloop if I recall correctly) so someone in the thread pointed me to kexecboot. After install, again, with newest CM11, I lose wifi in Android but can dualboot (wifi isn't availeable in xubuntu either).
If this is a xubuntu specific issue...in the future I may port an ARM build of fedora to this device....I'll see if the issue goes away after doing this....but it may be a while before I do it

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

vjtz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmxtech View Post
If this is a xubuntu specific issue...in the future I may port an ARM build of fedora to this device....I'll see if the issue goes away after doing this....but it may be a while before I do it
I installed CROMi-X 5.4 and according to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post48947306 also rabbit's kernel to have dualboot with Xubuntu. As far as I know, Xubuntu uses some drivers from Android. I applied the patch to restore wi-fi and everything works fine (all HW, ...).
This MultiROM is really cool and I like it. I also wonder if I could have CROMi-X as primary ROM, then Xubuntu (or another normal Linux, Fedora would also be fine) and CM as another ROM. Do I wish too much? Actually, I'd be fine with any working dualboot of Android and Linux. The Xubuntu is already too old...

zen_phones
Old
(Last edited by zen_phones; 14th June 2014 at 01:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 10
i restored a backup and it had "jenkins@sirius #1 kernel" as the kernel instead of the rom's kernel.
this actually has happened quite a few times, when restoring backups to secondary slots on internal and external sd cards. like 5 times so far. odd things are happening.

also when i install a rom as the primary, i can boot into the other 3 secondary roms, but once i boot into my main rom on the external micro sd card, the primary rom ...just dissappears. it wont let me boot into it, it just shows asus screen.

so i reinstall slimkat 4.4.3 to primary. and then i did a "factory reset" on primary (just to see) and it formats the rom on my microsd card.

then i restore onto external micro sd and again its got the jenkins kernel. did multirom twrp grab that kernel when i backed it up? i know for sure it had the rom's intended kernel because i "dirty" flashed or flashed over with the same rom and cleared cache and dalvik,and it showed up in 'about phone'. and then did a back up, but its grabbing that jenkins thing and putting it in the backup? perhaps from the twrp supplied default kernel? i dont know what happeneing.

i want to mention that i am doing things correctly, hopefully. when doing things to the primary rom, i'm doing it from the main screen. for secondry roms, i go to advanced > multirom > choose rom (or change location) > then restore or back up or whatever from that menu.

sorry if this sounds out of order, but i've been messing with it a lot and its great, but is doing weird things like that i've mentioned but in different sequences and different primary/secondary slots, so i thought i'd ask.

i readthe trouble shooting part of OP and i think i may have to do that. what about the "reinstall multirom" built into there?
if that doesnt work, i have to reinstall a different version of twrp, install a rom, then re-install multirom again? also move or rename the multirom folder and move roms back when done?

also, when i set a rom to boot as default from the micro sd, it gets stuck at the multirom screen and doesnt do the count down.
can crombi-kk be installed as a secondary rom now? or does it have to be primary?

how do i restore my backup with the right kernel? do i have to replace the boot.img? how do i extract the boot.img from the rom zip?

zen_phones
Old
(Last edited by zen_phones; 14th June 2014 at 12:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
well i did everything in the trouble shooting post in the first few posts and it worked, but still having some same issues.

using fastboot on pc installed non-multirom twrp
booted into recovery right from fastboot screen after install
saw list of empty folders and freaked out for a second
rebooted
saw multirom countdown screen.
picked boot into recovery in multirom screen.
booted intro non-multirom twrp and saw all of my old internal sdcard contents
installed new rom, which then bypassed multirom screen
renamed data/media/0/multirom folder
reinstalled multirom

now from here i rebooted, got multirom screen, looked under usb/sdcard tab and saw my old rom.
booted into it, booted fine (stil had messed up kernel of course)
then tried to boot into primary rom and got stuck on asus screen.

something happens when you boot into a rom on microsd card that nukes the primary.
(btw the external microsd is partitioned when i was doing cromi-x rom2sd into 3 parts, vfat, ext4, ext4. the rom is on the 2nd ext4 partion)

when i go to MR twrp home page and hit reboot it tells me there is no OS installed.

before i did all this i do recall this happening before. i reinstalled the primary rom. and all roms on internal sd booted fine. i could boot them all, back and forth. but once i boot into the external(formated ext4), the primary gets nuked.

i still havent adressed the issue with the weird kernel being included into my backups.

==================================

edit:
ok its more than just booting from external sd card. i backed up a secondary rom (all on internal sd), and restored it as a new secondary (cloning it) and the primary rom isnt recognized by MR anymore. says OS not installed.

should i not be doing this? should all secodarys be clean installs and not restores in attemp to clone roms?

edit 2:
the cloned rom and the orginal rom (both secondarys) wont boot now. maybe somehting happened to the boot image. i cloned the secondary after i knew the primary was unbootable. maybe this is the issue? when no primary, it screws up everything else?

edit3:
i reflashed the same rom in primary and the other secondarys were bootable, but with extreme errors. i was getting a persistent "android.phone" is shutting down error. feels like when the primary rom goes things get shifted, and the roms corrupted.

edit4:
ok i think i know whats going on. about the jenkins@sirius kernel, its from the xtreme pack from the slimkat rom. what im trying to do it test different kernels and cloning roms so if things dont work out i can delete them.
what i did:

installed 2nd rom:
backed up and restored to new clone secondary (3rd) rom.
flashed kernel to 3rd rom.
booted into 2nd and the kernel/ binaries etc or whatever were applied to both secondary roms, even though i only flashed the kernel to one. is this normal?

noahvt
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Getting assert failure: run_program inject_boot.sh == 0

Tried on cwm and twrp

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app
MY DEVICES:

XPERIA SP (C5303)
-CPU: 1.7ghz(DUAL) QUALCOMM SNAPDRAGON S4 PRO
-RAM: 1GB
-BOARD: MSM8960T
-GPU: Adreno 320