Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,473 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can anyone identify this phone?

Tip us?

Athiril
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can anyone identify this phone?

It's a Chinese MT6582 based phone. About ~5.5 inch iirc.

Anti-You
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Hgl mm808

Its 红高粱 HGL MM808.......um,I baidu it for you...,This is a knockoff cellphone made in shenzhen,China
I'm a chinese ,sorry for my poor English, maybe I can help you,and it's based on MT6592 not MT6582
The Following User Says Thank You to Anti-You For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Athiril
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-You View Post
Its 红高粱 HGL MM808.......um,I baidu it for you...,This is a knockoff cellphone made in shenzhen,China
I'm a chinese ,sorry for my poor English, maybe I can help you,and it's based on MT6592 not MT6582
Thanks for the info, dont worry your English is fine.

This was 588 yuan on Tao Bao, I'm not sure I can believe it is a real MT6592.

I'm trying to find the stock rom for this phone so I can flash it, or something compatible.

I can't find much information about HGL at all.

Anti-You
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I think it is a real MT6592 device,but the price is too low,so the quality will not be so good......Never before have I heard of this brand.And there is no bbs for this phone,maybe it's impossible to find a stock rom for it on the Internet,but root seems to be easy. Take notice of 5.88-inch screen at qHD resolution

StevenCKW
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Phone mm808

Same Mobile here.

i Brought this at Taobao also, but then written there Zivi Z802. But i search online and its exactly HGL MM808.

I've tried to root it, success and then i flash google Framework. But it's failed.
i restart my mobile, everything normal, but the root is empty (auto unrooted)
i try to off my mobile, pressing volume + and power, boot to menu, but when i select recoevery, it bypass and restart, means cannot boot to recovery anymore.

already tried more than 10 times, still failed.

any solution??

inside is baidu rom, but i guest the manufacturer edited the rom and locked. (i'm newbie)