Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,348 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Gapps in Android

Tip us?

nftsc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Gapps in Android

Hi, for testing purposes i installed the lastest omnirom on my device (jflte).
In the installation guide it says that the gapps are installed seperately with a zip after installing omnirom (similar to cyanogenmod).
But after starting my device i noticed that gapps are actually already on my device, same for the jflte rom of cyanogenmod. In TWRP i made a complete wipe just to be sure. Did i do something wrong? I'd rather choose the gapps package i want to install or not instead having them preinstalled on my device.

So, are the gapps are really prebuilt in the custom rom i loaded? Or are there any other i missed? Anyway, is there a way for me to remove it, either removing the whole package after installation or by building a custom rom, and is there a common and safe way to do that, or is it even enough to remove only the apks.

pulser_g2
Old
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 10,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by nftsc View Post
Hi, for testing purposes i installed the lastest omnirom on my device (jflte).
In the installation guide it says that the gapps are installed seperately with a zip after installing omnirom (similar to cyanogenmod).
But after starting my device i noticed that gapps are actually already on my device, same for the jflte rom of cyanogenmod. In TWRP i made a complete wipe just to be sure. Did i do something wrong? I'd rather choose the gapps package i want to install or not instead having them preinstalled on my device.

So, are the gapps are really prebuilt in the custom rom i loaded? Or are there any other i missed? Anyway, is there a way for me to remove it, either removing the whole package after installation or by building a custom rom, and is there a common and safe way to do that, or is it even enough to remove only the apks.
Wipe the /system partition to remove Gapps - Omni doesn't include Gapps. Neither does CM. But both have a script that will restore your old ones from previously. Just use TWRP to wipe /system and you can do it. Or remove /system/etc/addon.d and they will be gone after a reflash

Having trouble getting an answer? | What is XDA about? | How to ask for help?

if [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.how_to_use ] || [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.silly_question ]; then mv $PM.incoming /.trash; PM.response($responsetype.ignore); $PM.sender.ignore_in_future=true; init.sequence($boy_who_cried_wolf); fi;

BTC: 1K2fpDsRHkirWmk3PKiqtzhVHKUJCWPWnN
PGP: 0x260F4FDEF258E3C4
The Following User Says Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]