Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,059 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Am I the only one not thrilled?

Tip us?

irzyxel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Am I the only one not thrilled?

I came from a galaxy s3 I'd gotten two years ago. From the time I'd gotten it I had a custom de-bloated rom on it.
It's now been about 3 weeks since I acquired a brand new One m8. I must admit that I am not impressed one bit. I feel like I'm the only one. Why is that, because I can go down a pretty long list and only find a few things where the m8 comes out ahead, and I don't mean some specs on paper. I'm talking about differences that you can see which would justify paying $650 versus just getting a cheaper brand new s3. If I had the choice, I'd never have upgraded at all.

gokun
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by irzyxel View Post
I came from a galaxy s3 I'd gotten two years ago. From the time I'd gotten it I had a custom de-bloated rom on it.
It's now been about 3 weeks since I acquired a brand new One m8. I must admit that I am not impressed one bit. I feel like I'm the only one. Why is that, because I can go down a pretty long list and only find a few things where the m8 comes out ahead, and I don't mean some specs on paper. I'm talking about differences that you can see which would justify paying $650 versus just getting a cheaper brand new s3. If I had the choice, I'd never have upgraded at all.
I think it's a great phone and could go through a long list of reasons why, as well as why it does in fact come out ahead(don't worry I won't bore you with that right now lol). Point is, different things for different people; maybe this particular phone just isn't you cup of tea....you can always trade it in/sell it and get an s5. But as for me, I adore this phone and think it was worth every single cent.

HtcOneJon
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by irzyxel View Post
I could of gone through things that made the S3 inadequate when it first came out, and I almost loved it when it first came out, but it's all subjective.

Personally the S4 was a mile behind the M7 especially in speed and stability and I doubt the S5 is any less laggy.

Have to say Samsung got the S2 just right at just the right time then lost me at the S3 onwards.

irzyxel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
A two year old phone that has slightly less horsepower and costs hundreds less. I know, S3 should be burned at the steak for being such a heathen. It was by far not the perfect phone. Neither is the One. They're very, very similar unless you count less screen real estate from on-screen buttons and the One having a bit faster processor and more memory.
^Blasphemer!

Ghost
Old
Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3690
Thread closed,

Phone comparison threads are against forum rules.

Many thanks,

Ghost
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghost For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe