Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 51,736 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please help finding a rom!

Tip us?

Tikal769
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Please help finding a rom!

Hello everyone,

I need help finding the most current rooted stock rom. SPH-L900

Right now im at 4.3 mc2 rooted stock. Is there anything new? I can't seem to find an answer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

shuka325
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Digiblur rom is a good basic start. Mc2 is not 4.3 though. Any roms that say mk4 are 4.3. Oh, and wrong location to ask questions.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

414isaiah
Old
Thanks Meter 16
digiblur and smoothest are the only 2 I have tried for touchwiz, and they both work great

Tha_Dynasty2049
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Classic Rom is very nice and also 4.3 and has a all black and white theme too
Tha Note 3.
Rom: KitKatKiller
Build: NC5
Theme: Blu Ice.

Nexus 7
Rom: SmoothROM v5.2 With CM10 Theme
Build: JDQ39

--Closing Up Shop & Locking Doors
The Following User Says Thank You to Tha_Dynasty2049 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

doubledragon5
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Synerygy r105 best stock rom imop..

Tikal769
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I posted in the general section and received no replies so i asked to delete that thread.

Thank you guys for all the replies.

CZuber
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I understand what your going through. The Note 2 page is so confusing with all the different variants out there. It would be nice if they were broken down to folders for each one 4.2 4.3 4.4 and so on.
The Following User Says Thank You to CZuber For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AllanonMage
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I too am looking for advice on what ROM to use. I've tried a few and they've all had broken crap... like obviously broken crap that should have been in the OP and used to be back in the day. Would have saved me some time if I knew beforehand. Things like Wifi, GPS, OpenVPN....

Negativity aside, I'm looking for:
* a daily driver ROM - good performance good battery life, but stability most importantly
* where all the radios work right out of the gate, or with a single easy to implement fix that works 300% of the time that's no later than the 2nd or 3rd message in the ROM thread
* I want to use the Pen, so I think that means it has to be a touch whiz ROM, right?
* VPN to work, specifically, OpenVPN. Seems that I might be better off sticking to Android 4.1 or older for this, to bypass the VPNService API I have been researching all day today
* Bloat removed, or removeable

I really like this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2121063 but I can't get OpenVPN working or any concrete info on what's going on or how to fix it, so I think I'm going to have to find a new ROM.

I installed Whompasaurus yesterday, that seems to be a favorite here, I might try it for more than a few hours, or try Jelly Bomb http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957773 or the Swamp monster by team Venum http://www.teamvenum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=768

I like the look of this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2266079 but I'm pretty sure it will have the same VPN problem since it's based ont he same ROM I'm using now.
Philosophy
Why am I stating the obvious? b/c back in the day, The Internets were full of answers. Nowadays, they are full of questions. Please, take the time to do like I am doing here and make sure to "seed" the information back there in an intelligible & detailed manner so that the next guy doesn't have to spend a day & a half researching how to re-engineer the wheel.

http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

ubigred
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Smooth ROM is the best Rom for the Note 2

Sent from my SGNote 3

rwilco12
Old
Forum Moderator / AndroidFileHost Rep
Thanks Meter 11137

DONATE TO ME
Sorry guys, comparison threads are not allowed on XDA. If you want to find a ROM please take the time to read the OP and user comments in the threads. If it looks interesting give it a shot. If you don't like it try another.

This thread is closed.

Thanks!
Rwilco12

Need an HD wallpaper to match your ROM? Check out Rwilco12's Wallpaper Gallery!
XDA Free Version | Pro Version

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe