Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 45,124 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google services framework HELP!!!

Tip us?

thedeester1
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyigz View Post
Hello,
the link you provided is not an APK file. Rather, it is a ZIP file.
When You move it to the kindle rename the File with a File explorer. Just remove the .zip extension and replace it with .apk. It should then install properly....Mine did.

Sushant Rohilla
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
This is the .apk I used on both my KF and my wife's KF. In fact I just installed it on hers last night. Hopefully it works for you.
yes this apk fie gets installed but after the installation of this fil play store stops working ...what to do plz help me ?

thanoszx7r
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushant Rohilla View Post
yes this apk fie gets installed but after the installation of this fil play store stops working ...what to do plz help me ?
Yeah, it is simple. Take your Kindle and smash it with a hammer and go by a Nook. Seriously this thing is the biggest pain in the A$$. I have got it to work only to have it shut down and not recognize the framework again. My Nook was so much easier to root and the Nexus 7 is even better, you don't have to root it.

**** Kindle and Nook to a lesser extent.

Gohan
Old
Thanks Meter 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanoszx7r View Post
Yeah, it is simple. Take your Kindle and smash it with a hammer and go by a Nook. Seriously this thing is the biggest pain in the A$$. I have got it to work only to have it shut down and not recognize the framework again. My Nook was so much easier to root and the Nexus 7 is even better, you don't have to root it.

**** Kindle and Nook to a lesser extent.
Or, Maybe, and this is just a crazy suggestion, you don't smash your kindle and actually ask for help. Or, if somehow after you've searched the entire internet for answers, you haven't found a solution, you just download the app from the playstore. And, if for some crazy reason, that doesn't work, before you get your panties in a bunch and start smashing stuff with a hammer, you give it to somebody who can do it for you. Maybe a 7 year old child?

And, in case anybody reading this is wondering, I am completely kidding. I'm just really bored.

thanoszx7r
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ichigo,

The problem is when the framework is not working the Google Play Store crashes. None of my Android phones, my nook, or my nexus ever had such difficulty. The Nexus was nice because it didn't need any root.

Gohan
Old
Thanks Meter 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanoszx7r View Post
Ichigo,

The problem is when the framework is not working the Google Play Store crashes. None of my Android phones, my nook, or my nexus ever had such difficulty. The Nexus was nice because it didn't need any root.

Did you read the spoiler?

Anyways, that would be an OS problem. You could always just install a different ROM. Besides, I was on stock and had the framework work fine. As long as you have the current version and had the permissions set to rw-r-r, it should work.

thanoszx7r
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo View Post

Did you read the spoiler?

Anyways, that would be an OS problem. You could always just install a different ROM. Besides, I was on stock and had the framework work fine. As long as you have the current version and had the permissions set to rw-r-r, it should work.
Yes, I read the spoiler.

No, I installed several different roms on both CM and TEAMWIN attempting every combination I could think of. Nothing seemed to work. Finally I gave it to my little girl as a reader and installed all the apps with APK files because I couldn't get the play store to not crash. My wife was ready to kill me I was wasting so much time with the thing. It was a free Kindle, so it wasn't that big of a deal.At least now my daughter can't go on and download any app she wants, I have control over that.

Nicx02
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyigz View Post
Hello,
the link you provided is not an APK file. Rather, it is a ZIP file.
The app that I use to unzip these files is androzip. Try using this to unzip the file.

xapim
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicx02 View Post
The app that I use to unzip these files is androzip. Try using this to unzip the file.
just change the .zip file extension to .apk

Tags
application not installed, error, google services framework, kindle fire, root