Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

[Emulator][Unnoficial] Leapcast the Chromecast Emulator All-In-One File

OP thatscottguy93

8th June 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

3 posts
After several hours of tinkering and editing, I think I've finally managed to make an easy way to emulate a Chromecast on your PC. Iv'e only worked on x64 based systems so far, but I'll do x32 if anyone needs it. All you have to do is download the file, place it on your desktop (or it won't work), extract the .tar (don't make a new folder) and follow the directions in INSTALL.txt. It shouldn't require any extra files except Google Chrome, but if it does or you have any other errors or advice, feedback is very appreciated.

I take no responsibility for any damages done by this. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Leapcast is the property of dz0ny at GitHub, not me. All I did was make an all-in-one install script.
Attached Files
File Type: tar LeapcastForWindows.tar - [Click for QR Code] (18.16 MB, 401 views)
Last edited by thatscottguy93; 8th June 2014 at 12:50 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thatscottguy93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 313

1,835 posts
I already have Python installed....Can I just run the Bat file?
8th June 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Error running LeapCast.bat
I completed the installation but when I run LeapCast.bat got this error (see the image)

Edit: I found the problem, I need to Edit "PATH" environment variable to include this "C:\Python27" and this "C:\Python27\Scripts".

Good job!!!!

Only youtube detected the leapcast, I check Plex, Avia, Crackle and Allcast and they don't.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	2787865  
Last edited by lordkain2; 8th June 2014 at 10:49 PM. Reason: fix the problem
9th June 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkain2

I completed the installation but when I run LeapCast.bat got this error (see the image)

Edit: I found the problem, I need to Edit "PATH" environment variable to include this "C:\Python27" and this "C:\Python27\Scripts".

Good job!!!!

Only youtube detected the leapcast, I check Plex, Avia, Crackle and Allcast and they don't.

It's probably an error in my install script. It should have edited your PATH automatically, so I'll look into it. The compatibility problem is probably just an issue with the emulator itself. I'll keep an eye on the github page and update this as soon as its available. Thanks for the feedback!

Did you use the Chromecast app on your phone/tablet to detect it before you tried the other apps?
Last edited by thatscottguy93; 9th June 2014 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Thought of something.
9th June 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx

I already have Python installed....Can I just run the Bat file?

That's part of what the script does. If you want, you can ignore the basic Python install if you specifically have Python 2.7.5 installed, but you definitely need to let setuptools and pip install. Won't work without them I'm afraid. Thanks for the feedback!
10th June 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 313

1,835 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatscottguy93

That's part of what the script does. If you want, you can ignore the basic Python install if you specifically have Python 2.7.5 installed, but you definitely need to let setuptools and pip install. Won't work without them I'm afraid. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks Kind of what I expected....Will try this later tonite
14th June 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 72

691 posts
More
Thanks for the effort!

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work. The .bat file it leaves on the desktop has a strange trailing ascii-character, but it still doesn't run correctly even after you remove it. I don't know why you would run it from desktop anyway rather than c:\python27\scripts anyway... It should run from anywhere if the PATH is set correctly, but this script didn't seem to do that. Finally, it would be smarter to use the .vbs provided by the leapcast dev instead of your errant .bat on the desktop. Again though, thanks for the attempt.

It would be great if someone could put together a full install using install-shield and all, or at least a working batch script that has been tested on a fresh install of WinXP/Win7/Win8.1 Maybe I will try to.

NOTE: If this works for others, please let us know, but I am fairly certain it has at least a few minor errors preventing it from working by following the instructions alone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread