FORUMS

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

How to Listen to Beats 1 on Android Right Now

If you felt a bit left out by Apple launching their own online radio station Beats 1 … more

NVidia SHIELD TV – XDA TV Device Review

The SHIELD TV is a not an Android smartphone device. However, that doesn’t mean it … more

PSA: Having cellular connectivity or texting issues tonight?

You’re not alone…Tonight, many users are experiencing a myriad … more

How to Re-Odex SecMms.apk and SecMms.dex?

315 posts
Thanks Meter: 44
 
By slackerz_86, Senior Member on 11th June 2014, 11:48 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
i have a question for you guys.

i have a N9005 with stock latest rom which is NE4. i am rooted. i tooked secmms.apk and secmms.odex from /system/priv-app and actually decompiled it using apktool for Android itself. i edited the mmsconfig.smali file for certain mods.

the question now is, how do i actually recompile it back? i have secmms_src and secmms_odex folders. how do i recompile it back to odex format for my odex stock rom?

thanks with regards.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
12th June 2014, 02:50 PM |#2  
Someguyfromhell's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,065
 
Donate to Me
More
Compile it into one single whole apk file and then odex it.
13th June 2014, 06:08 AM |#3  
slackerz_86's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguyfromhell

Compile it into one single whole apk file and then odex it.

How do i do that?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th June 2014, 10:05 AM |#4  
TML1504's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 240
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackerz_86

How do i do that?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

google is your friend: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2213985
14th June 2014, 01:53 PM |#5  
slackerz_86's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1504

google is your friend: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2213985

Ya but how to make it to odex?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th June 2014, 02:30 PM |#6  
kmokhtar79's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 10,581
 
Donate to Me
More
This may help you but make a back up first.

Find a deodex SecMms.apk and modify it as you need.
Then rename it to Modded_SecMms.apk and put it in system\priv-app or wherever it belongs to, do not remove original one (SecMms.apk, SecMms.odex)
Flash Universal Odex Script
Then odex your file see how to do it in that thread
Remove original non-modded one from system folder with its correcsponding odex file
Rename your modded file to its original pack name SecMms.apk (you shoud find both Modded_SecMms.apk and Modded_SecMms.odex)
Check permission to rw,r,r
Reboot
I guess this is the only possible way.
14th June 2014, 04:08 PM |#7  
slackerz_86's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmokhtar79

This may help you but make a back up first.

Find a deodex SecMms.apk and modify it as you need.
Then rename it to Modded_SecMms.apk and put it in system\priv-app or wherever it belongs to, do not remove original one (SecMms.apk, SecMms.odex)
Flash Universal Odex Script
Then odex your file see how to do it in that thread
Remove original non-modded one from system folder with its correcsponding odex file
Rename your modded file to its original pack name SecMms.apk (you shoud find both Modded_SecMms.apk and Modded_SecMms.odex)
Check permission to rw,r,r
Reboot
I guess this is the only possible way.

I have to wait till i get home from work in another 12hrs in order to do this. Tanx for this link. I will try it out and will update u.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th June 2014, 04:27 PM |#8  
robalm's Avatar
Senior Member
NEE
Thanks Meter: 975
 
More
Try this app you can Oxed the SecMms.apk (and more system apps)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nup.Inteks.org

(After its done you may need to set the permission on the SecMms.odex manually.)
14th June 2014, 06:54 PM |#9  
slackerz_86's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robalm

Try this app you can Oxed the SecMms.apk (and more system apps)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nup.Inteks.org

(After its done you may need to set the permission on the SecMms.odex manually.)

But the thing is, from apktool for android, i can create a deodexed apk of SecMms. But no matter how i push to my phone even after setting permission, MESSAGES doesnt appear at all.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes