Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,194 Members 42,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Slim Bean Rom - settings question

Tip us?

dayargana
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Slim Bean Rom - settings question

Hi there,
I apologize if it's been answered already, but I've been searching the forums for days and couldn't find a solution to my problem.

I installed this lovelly rom, Slim Bean - and used (what I think) was the latest version . All went well, and the first two days it was a dream, fast, responsive, stylish, everything I wanted and more. The only problem was the battery life was really bad.
But after a couple of days it started lagging like hell, apps would FC, and once the battery went below 40% it became practically useless. Not to mention, battery life in general got even worse! I can hardly reach 10 hours now. After days of reading the forum, I have to admit I am totally lost as to what to do.

This is probably a totally noob question, but in the 1st post of the ROM, the info about the Governor, Scheduler and cpu frequencies:

Max - 1.4ghz
Min - 249mgz
Governer - Ondemand
Scheduler - Sio

Are these already "set" in the ROM, or do I have to apply them? Because in the settings of the phone, the Governor is set to "interactive" and the scheduler is set on "row."
What to I risk by changing them? And for the frequencies? Should I do it from the settings, or use something like the SetCPU app? Most important of all, would changing these settings help with my problem? (the lagging, fcs, battery life, etc)

I'm guessing this is really basic stuff, but I figured it's safer to ask and look like a moron than risk screwing up my phone :P

thanks for any and all suggestions!

dayargana
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
up!

seriously, can nobody help me?

dayargana
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
last try