Time Auto Sync and on/off

OP elsabea

14th June 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 8

81 posts
More
Does anyone have solution and time auto sync problem in omate? When I shutdown the omate and restart it after several hours, its lost the time and need to connect to the Internet to reset time again? Also the problem of auto on/off, it also closed on time but not resart automatically in the setting time?

Sent from my GT-I9502 using XDA Free mobile app
14th June 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 118

568 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsabea

Does anyone have solution and time auto sync problem in omate? When I shutdown the omate and restart it after several hours, its lost the time and need to connect to the Internet to reset time again? Also the problem of auto on/off, it also closed on time but not resart automatically in the setting time?

Sent from my GT-I9502 using XDA Free mobile app

This topic has been covered already in other threads on XDA, but I will recap for you.

Omate decided not to include a tiny clock backup battery in the TrueSmart maybe due to size issues or cost or both. This means that when the watch is powered off, the clock stops. Yes, this was considered acceptable by Omate for a SmartWatch 2.0, that it cannot keep time while powered down.

When the watch powers up again, the clock will continue from when it was powered off until it is reset by hand or updated via wireless carrier if you have a sim in or until it connects to a Network time server via WiFi or however. It will keep time more or less accurately from then on, until powered off again, at which point it stops like an old electric clock unplugged from the wall socket.

There is no solution to this, as the hardware does not support the equivalent of a regular cheap Casio style real watch.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trent999 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread