Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 40,755 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] HOW TO GET NETWORK MODE SWITCH (WCDMA Only, GSM Only) on 4.4.2 NC5/NC2

Tip us?

mitzael
Old
(Last edited by mitzael; 17th May 2014 at 10:57 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [GUIDE] HOW TO GET NETWORK MODE SWITCH (WCDMA Only, GSM Only) on 4.4.2 NC5/NC2

Hi, I hope that this will be useful for those who upgraded to 4.4.2 like me and were looking for hidden menu (at least) to change from GSM network mode to WCDMA mode and so (Testing mode is shown as disabled/unavailable on NC2 and NC5 when you use any application like Pimp My Rom or Hidden Menu App to access to Hidden Menu)

First you must have your device rooted, now edit the following lines to the "build.prop" file located on system folder:

ro.product.name=jfltevzw
ro.product.device=jfltevzw

Replace "jfltevzw" with "SM-N900S"

and the lines should look like this:

ro.product.name=SM-N900S
ro.product.device=SM-N900S

Note: The side effect on doing this is that you will have S5's status bar icons theme, I have not tried with another model name because I don't want to have the risk of bricking my phone in the attemping and then have to flash it.

After doing this reboot your device, then go to Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode and you will get a screen like the following screenshots:

The Following User Says Thank You to mitzael For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

navy2012
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does this mean I can take a verizon phone to tmobile? In other words, I can switch to GSM and use tmobile ? I use mostly wifi, I don't bother with lte.