FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] Hi can you please explain what is a blacklisted device and what implies?

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By SiulGM, Junior Member on 14th June 2014, 05:15 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all! can you please explain what is a blacklisted device and what implies? I'm curious about it! thank you!
 
 
14th June 2014, 05:16 AM |#2  
r3pwn's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,878
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiulGM

Hi all! can you please explain what is a blacklisted device and what implies? I'm curious about it! thank you!

I believe (don't quote me on this and someone else correct me if I'm wrong) that it means the device has been reported as stolen or lost and certain functions may be limited.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r3pwn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 06:21 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3pwn

I believe (don't quote me on this and someone else correct me if I'm wrong) that it means the device has been reported as stolen or lost and certain functions may be limited.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

Thank you, do you know if it will work using SafeStrap? I had some problems with the display and a no sound on speakers (lots of dead pixels) and amazon allowed me to keep this, but they said she need to deactivate it in order to sync content on the replacement
14th June 2014, 10:52 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiulGM

Thank you, do you know if it will work using SafeStrap? I had some problems with the display and a no sound on speakers (lots of dead pixels) and amazon allowed me to keep this, but they said she need to deactivate it in order to sync content on the replacement

in that case there's a good chance it won't get updates or connect to the amazon store.

safestrap shouldn't be an issue as its not amazon software.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tokenpoke For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 12:50 PM |#5  
oh yea
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenpoke

in that case there's a good chance it won't get updates or connect to the amazon store.

safestrap shouldn't be an issue as its not amazon software.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Yes a blacklisted unit will update through amazon you just cant register it and use anything else amazon
The Following User Says Thank You to jimyv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 06:38 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyv

Yes a blacklisted unit will update through amazon you just cant register it and use anything else amazon

Thank you, I cant get installed safestrap but I just able to install gapps using the Xposed, now is working great and all apps are working great
14th June 2014, 07:28 PM |#7  
SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiulGM

Thank you, I cant get installed safestrap but I just able to install gapps using the Xposed, now is working great and all apps are working great

safestrap will not work with the chinese binary...you have to roll back too earlier software factory reset to get rid of all chinese applications then reroot with supersu to get a fully functioning safestrap. if it is a black listed unit flash thor gapps and dump amazon all together or at least mostly
Last edited by jimyv; 14th June 2014 at 07:31 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes