Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 48,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hi can you please explain what is a blacklisted device and what implies?

Tip us?

SiulGM
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Hi can you please explain what is a blacklisted device and what implies?

Hi all! can you please explain what is a blacklisted device and what implies? I'm curious about it! thank you!

r3pwn
Old
Thanks Meter 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiulGM View Post
Hi all! can you please explain what is a blacklisted device and what implies? I'm curious about it! thank you!
I believe (don't quote me on this and someone else correct me if I'm wrong) that it means the device has been reported as stolen or lost and certain functions may be limited.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

Need help?
Hit me up on Twitter or Google+ or, you know, just send me a PM.

Like what I do?
Send me your Bitcoins. 1EQMaazk3DmBvSFJmWXzhFWbMiZ3SpUj5Z
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r3pwn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SiulGM
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3pwn View Post
I believe (don't quote me on this and someone else correct me if I'm wrong) that it means the device has been reported as stolen or lost and certain functions may be limited.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
Thank you, do you know if it will work using SafeStrap? I had some problems with the display and a no sound on speakers (lots of dead pixels) and amazon allowed me to keep this, but they said she need to deactivate it in order to sync content on the replacement

tokenpoke
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Thank you, do you know if it will work using SafeStrap? I had some problems with the display and a no sound on speakers (lots of dead pixels) and amazon allowed me to keep this, but they said she need to deactivate it in order to sync content on the replacement
in that case there's a good chance it won't get updates or connect to the amazon store.

safestrap shouldn't be an issue as its not amazon software.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tokenpoke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jimyv
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Default oh yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenpoke View Post
in that case there's a good chance it won't get updates or connect to the amazon store.

safestrap shouldn't be an issue as its not amazon software.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Yes a blacklisted unit will update through amazon you just cant register it and use anything else amazon
Please Hit (THANKS) If I Helped You
It's Free
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to jimyv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SiulGM
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyv View Post
Yes a blacklisted unit will update through amazon you just cant register it and use anything else amazon
Thank you, I cant get installed safestrap but I just able to install gapps using the Xposed, now is working great and all apps are working great

jimyv
Old
(Last edited by jimyv; 14th June 2014 at 07:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 93
Default SS

Quote:
Thank you, I cant get installed safestrap but I just able to install gapps using the Xposed, now is working great and all apps are working great
safestrap will not work with the chinese binary...you have to roll back too earlier software factory reset to get rid of all chinese applications then reroot with supersu to get a fully functioning safestrap. if it is a black listed unit flash thor gapps and dump amazon all together or at least mostly
Please Hit (THANKS) If I Helped You
It's Free
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~