Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,302 Members 49,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mytouch 4g slide won't boot

Tip us?

clarkbanks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Mytouch 4g slide won't boot

Hi, i tried to install a custom rom on a mytouch 4g slide and may have bricked the phone. I am now trying to see if I can recover it. I had CWM on the phone but after trying to install a stock rom I can no longer access it and the phone won't boot only, just staying on the splash screen. I can access the boot loader but if I try to go into recovery I get an icon of a phone with a red triangle and exclamation mark.

If I connect the phone to a PC, no devices are listed under 'adb devices'. I believe I need to install the stock rom (PG59IMG.zip) from the boot loader to recover the phone. I have a couple of different stock roms and although these are automatically loaded by the bootloader without error, the phone doesn't boot.

Not sure if anyone knows of a confirmed clean stock rom or another method I could use.

The bootloader is unlocked but the phone is S-ON, H-BOOT 1.45.0013.

Thanks

joel.maxuel
Old
(Last edited by joel.maxuel; 14th June 2014 at 06:56 PM.) Reason: Add Link
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkbanks View Post
Hi, i tried to install a custom rom on a mytouch 4g slide and may have bricked the phone. I am now trying to see if I can recover it. I had CWM on the phone but after trying to install a stock rom I can no longer access it and the phone won't boot only, just staying on the splash screen. I can access the boot loader but if I try to go into recovery I get an icon of a phone with a red triangle and exclamation mark.

If I connect the phone to a PC, no devices are listed under 'adb devices'. I believe I need to install the stock rom (PG59IMG.zip) from the boot loader to recover the phone. I have a couple of different stock roms and although these are automatically loaded by the bootloader without error, the phone doesn't boot.

Not sure if anyone knows of a confirmed clean stock rom or another method I could use.

The bootloader is unlocked but the phone is S-ON, H-BOOT 1.45.0013.

Thanks
Because you are S-ON, you need to flash the boot image as well. Extract the boot.img file from the ROM, and (while in FASTBOOT USB mode) run fastboot (on the connected computer) like the following:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

AFAIK, adb only works when you are fully booted up, fastboot is what to use while in the bootloader. Blue6IX has a return-to-stock RUU as well, but we'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it.
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel

Primary Phone: HTC MyTouch 4G Slide (Doubleshot), S-Off, running CyanogenMod 10.1
Backup Phone: Samsung Infuse 4G (i997R) running Beanstalk 4.4+
The Following User Says Thank You to joel.maxuel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

clarkbanks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default SOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel.maxuel View Post
Because you are S-ON, you need to flash the boot image as well. Extract the boot.img file from the ROM, and (while in FASTBOOT USB mode) run fastboot (on the connected computer) like the following:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

AFAIK, adb only works when you are fully booted up, fastboot is what to use while in the bootloader. Blue6IX has a return-to-stock RUU as well, but we'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it.
That is what I was missing. Many thanks