Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

If you were to spend 1000$ on marketing for your new app

Tip us?
 
appfactory
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 76
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default If you were to spend 1000$ on marketing for your new app

Where and how will you spend them?

I recently launched my new app, and are receiving dozens of emails from review sites ive never heard of, claming they have hundred thousands of readers each month.
I paid 99$ for a featured review, and sent out a press release through PrMac/pc, so far nothing measurable.
So, what are the actions that REALLY works to get more downloads?
Care to colaborate on this subject?
 
anuloid
Old
#2  
anuloid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 132
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Yerevan
Quote:
Originally Posted by appfactory View Post
Where and how will you spend them?

I recently launched my new app, and are receiving dozens of emails from review sites ive never heard of, claming they have hundred thousands of readers each month.
I paid 99$ for a featured review, and sent out a press release through PrMac/pc, so far nothing measurable.
So, what are the actions that REALLY works to get more downloads?
Care to colaborate on this subject?
I guess you're trying to promote paid android app... Is that right?
 
appfactory
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 76
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuloid View Post
I guess you're trying to promote paid android app... Is that right?
Yes, thats correct, and its that sort of app that isnt suitable with ads all over, otherwise i would for sure have made a in app ad vers of it...
 
anuloid
Old
#4  
anuloid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 132
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Yerevan
Quote:
Originally Posted by appfactory View Post
Yes, thats correct, and its that sort of app that isnt suitable with ads all over, otherwise i would for sure have made a in app ad vers of it...
Maybe it'd be prudent to have a free version, so you can measure the demand of your app, plus use some marketing strategies to promote your app, and after then ask money for the full version (maybe via free app). Having only one app in your account will probably make people think deeper before buying, let alone bugs that might be in the app itself.

If you sure you've developed a great bug-free app that is unique and will be of a great help for users, than you can invest in promotion of the app, but I must warn you that it's some kind of tricky thing and you may lose more money than till now.

Anyway for paid apps and monetization purposes iOS is better based upon my experience. Is your app available at iTunes?
 
appfactory
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 76
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuloid View Post
Maybe it'd be prudent to have a free version, so you can measure the demand of your app, plus use some marketing strategies to promote your app, and after then ask money for the full version (maybe via free app). Having only one app in your account will probably make people think deeper before buying, let alone bugs that might be in the app itself.

If you sure you've developed a great bug-free app that is unique and will be of a great help for users, than you can invest in promotion of the app, but I must warn you that it's some kind of tricky thing and you may lose more money than till now.

Anyway for paid apps and monetization purposes iOS is better based upon my experience. Is your app available at iTunes?
Yes, ive been considering that myself, its amazing how cheap people are, even with "useful" apps for .99 bucks.

A bugfree app is essential free or paid, naturally... It has been going through extensive testing for 8 months, a new vers is currently in the que at Apple, but no crash bugs have been discovered so far, this vers only fixes a problem when words are split in two after a line shift, nothing else.

iOS is here, i have some promocodes if you would like to try it out
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/medi...0761?ls=1&mt=8
 
anuloid
Old
#6  
anuloid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 132
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Yerevan
Quote:
Originally Posted by appfactory View Post
Yes, ive been considering that myself, its amazing how cheap people are, even with "useful" apps for .99 bucks.

A bugfree app is essential free or paid, naturally... It has been going through extensive testing for 8 months, a new vers is currently in the que at Apple, but no crash bugs have been discovered so far, this vers only fixes a problem when words are split in two after a line shift, nothing else.

iOS is here, i have some promocodes if you would like to try it out
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/medi...0761?ls=1&mt=8
Send via pm, will try.
 
Crichton333
Old
#7  
Crichton333's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 107
Join Date: Apr 2014
So what are your stats so far as for download in the App Store and on Google Play ?
"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- Android: 2048 Numbers Mania -- Yutu Aliens Free -- Proud owner: Sony Xperia J

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more

Android 4.4.3 Begins Rolling Out to European HTC One M8

Shortly after the USA Unlocked and Developer Editions of the HTC One M8 received the … more

Modernize Your Emails with Email Popup

SMS andHangouts messages likely won’t ever replace traditional Emails for more formal … more

Change Your Toast Notification Style with XToast

Android uses multipletypes of notifications. One of these isknown as a toast notification. … more