Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,020 Members 54,098 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

If you were to spend 1000$ on marketing for your new app

Tip us?

appfactory
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default If you were to spend 1000$ on marketing for your new app

Where and how will you spend them?

I recently launched my new app, and are receiving dozens of emails from review sites ive never heard of, claming they have hundred thousands of readers each month.
I paid 99$ for a featured review, and sent out a press release through PrMac/pc, so far nothing measurable.
So, what are the actions that REALLY works to get more downloads?
Care to colaborate on this subject?

anuloid
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by appfactory View Post
Where and how will you spend them?

I recently launched my new app, and are receiving dozens of emails from review sites ive never heard of, claming they have hundred thousands of readers each month.
I paid 99$ for a featured review, and sent out a press release through PrMac/pc, so far nothing measurable.
So, what are the actions that REALLY works to get more downloads?
Care to colaborate on this subject?
I guess you're trying to promote paid android app... Is that right?

appfactory
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuloid View Post
I guess you're trying to promote paid android app... Is that right?
Yes, thats correct, and its that sort of app that isnt suitable with ads all over, otherwise i would for sure have made a in app ad vers of it...

anuloid
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Yes, thats correct, and its that sort of app that isnt suitable with ads all over, otherwise i would for sure have made a in app ad vers of it...
Maybe it'd be prudent to have a free version, so you can measure the demand of your app, plus use some marketing strategies to promote your app, and after then ask money for the full version (maybe via free app). Having only one app in your account will probably make people think deeper before buying, let alone bugs that might be in the app itself.

If you sure you've developed a great bug-free app that is unique and will be of a great help for users, than you can invest in promotion of the app, but I must warn you that it's some kind of tricky thing and you may lose more money than till now.

Anyway for paid apps and monetization purposes iOS is better based upon my experience. Is your app available at iTunes?

appfactory
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuloid View Post
Maybe it'd be prudent to have a free version, so you can measure the demand of your app, plus use some marketing strategies to promote your app, and after then ask money for the full version (maybe via free app). Having only one app in your account will probably make people think deeper before buying, let alone bugs that might be in the app itself.

If you sure you've developed a great bug-free app that is unique and will be of a great help for users, than you can invest in promotion of the app, but I must warn you that it's some kind of tricky thing and you may lose more money than till now.

Anyway for paid apps and monetization purposes iOS is better based upon my experience. Is your app available at iTunes?
Yes, ive been considering that myself, its amazing how cheap people are, even with "useful" apps for .99 bucks.

A bugfree app is essential free or paid, naturally... It has been going through extensive testing for 8 months, a new vers is currently in the que at Apple, but no crash bugs have been discovered so far, this vers only fixes a problem when words are split in two after a line shift, nothing else.

iOS is here, i have some promocodes if you would like to try it out
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/medi...0761?ls=1&mt=8

anuloid
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Yes, ive been considering that myself, its amazing how cheap people are, even with "useful" apps for .99 bucks.

A bugfree app is essential free or paid, naturally... It has been going through extensive testing for 8 months, a new vers is currently in the que at Apple, but no crash bugs have been discovered so far, this vers only fixes a problem when words are split in two after a line shift, nothing else.

iOS is here, i have some promocodes if you would like to try it out
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/medi...0761?ls=1&mt=8
Send via pm, will try.

Crichton333
Old
Thanks Meter 12
So what are your stats so far as for download in the App Store and on Google Play ?
"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- Android: 2048 Numbers Mania -- Yutu Aliens Free -- Proud owner: Sony Xperia J