Root clarification for Optimus G Pro

12th June 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

248 posts
The instructions to root the LG Optimus G Pro are posted in other threads and multiple pages on the web.

And I thank the folks who have done all the hard work to make that possible.

So tonight I finally got around to using those instructions and found that, as usual, a few key things were either left out or given in the wrong order, which inevitably is going to make some folks say "It doesn't work!" because, as written, it doesn't quit work.

So here's an edited version of the instructions from other folks, with the stumbling points cleared up and made into YnGlitch for dummies like me, so you'll get it right the first time. I hope. This worked on an AT&T branded phone, btw. Clarifications and comments in red.

1. (Optional if you have another means of un-RARing) Download and install 7-zip from here

2. Download and install LG USB Drivers from here.
(THE LINK IS http://www.lg-phones.org/lg-optimus-...rs.htmlWithout )
these drivers, your computer won't be able to effectively communicate with your phone. This is vital for the steps we will be taking.

3. Enable USB debugging by going to Settings->(General)->Developer options" and checking the box next to "USB debugging." You will get warnings. You can probably ignore them. This setting will allow you to run commands on your phone from your computer (via USB). For more info on the Android Debug Bridge, click here.

4. Download and extract (using 7-zip (or whatever)) the root exploit from here.

5. Connect your phone to the computer with your USB cable.

6. Put the phone into "Charge Only" mode at Settings->General->PC connection->USB connection type

7. Open CurrentRoot.bat and follow its prompts. See below. You will need to change from "Charge Only" to "Media sync (MTP)" mode. The setting is in the same place.[Change to Media Sync before running currentroot.bat]
Phone will reboot when this finishes running, wait it out.

8. Run SuperSU (now in your apps drawer) [that's the APPS folder on the phone, not APPS: DOWNLOAD folder] it and make sure it works. This program allows others to gain access to superuser privileges. For more info on rooting and what kind of stuff it lets you do, click here and/or use Google.

Thanks to XDA User carrett for this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rred For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 704

2,459 posts
More
Thanks for your thread but you might wanna add the links for rooting(such as the link for currentroot.bat) . Also, just to check, does this work with KitKat?

Sent from my LG-E988 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by bscraze; 15th June 2014 at 04:16 AM.
14th June 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #3  
Dubai, UAE
Thanks Meter: 24

179 posts
yes, the links will be helpful
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Optimus G Pro General by ThreadRank