Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Won't Boot Up

OP mjpin1

12th June 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hey this just happened overnight, it just turned off and when i woke up it was on the loading screen where it says "Samsung Galaxy Note II". Its been on this screen ever since and i tried taking out the battery, sim card everything. Im with rogers and i called them and they said it was pooched but i thought id ask you guys if you could help at all. It would cost a chunk of change to send it in for repairs or just upgrade my phone. Thnaks!
14th June 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #2  
Montréal
Thanks Meter: 469

996 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

In order to enter recovery mode, you will first have to turn off your device. Once it’s turned off, press volume up + power button + home button simultaneously and keep them pressed until you see the recovery mode.

If you haven't already, try booting in recovery mode, you might need to let go of the buttons after a second or two for the boot to continue. (It's been a while since I've had to do it this way, and I can't turn my phone off to try at the moment.) If that works, try a factory reset, i.e. clear user data.

If the above doesn't work, the hardware could be at fault. Am I right to assume you haven't modified the phone in any way?

Depending on what Rogers quotes you for a repair, you could get another Note 2 off classifieds (be careful with provenance as you wouldn't want a blacklisted device) or get a new one from Koodo (a Telus subsidiary) who sells them for 300$, unlock it (free from here, cheap from third party vendors, expensive from the carriers) and be on your way. (If you want your Rogers apps back, there's a code on here to change your Carrier Specific Content code from KDO to RWC, this will clear your data so do it early on.)

One last thing: the Rogers/Bell/Telus Galaxy Note II is the SGH-I317M, which shares the AT&T Note II forum, not this one.

Good luck,

Darkshado
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread