FORUMS

T-Mobile Steps Up The War Against Verizon

T-Mobile has today launched a new attack on Verizon under the tagline of “Never Settle … more

Multi DPI Apps for Galaxy Note 4

Samsung stock apps do not scale to non-stock DPIs, which can prove annoying to those that want to … more

Google #StepInsideAdWords Event Livestream

Ahead of the annual I/O conference scheduled to take place later this month, the Google … more

How Much Do You Pay for Your Wireless Bill?

With so many different carriers and options to choose from, it can sometimes be quite a task … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

4.1.2 to 4.3 or not? t999v

12th June 2014, 07:20 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hey just wondering if I should do the update to stock 4.3 OTA or not. I've been looking at the root66 knox free 4.3 and it sounds good. Any Issues with it? or stock OTA? I've read mixed reviews, and am now confused. Also if I do install root66 on this wind t999v, am I required to install the stock OTA 4.3 update for it to work? Or am I in a better situation if I just install it from 4.1.2? Also any basic instructions on what I would have to do to install root66 would be much appriciated. I'm technologically inclined, just been out of the cellphone moding scene for quite some time, and just want to ask before I start asking how to unbrick. Thanks in advance.
 
 
12th June 2014, 10:05 PM |#2  
Perseus's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 5,224
 
Donate to Me
More
Knox Free Root 66 is always preferred over Stock update. The instructions and all the necessary files are in the Root66 Thread.

In short you need Odin v 3.xx Need to have the Drivers installed for your phone. Make sure Kies is not installed on your PC. Put your phone in Download mode and then connect to pc. Flash the Root66 file and you are done. There are several tutorials on Youtube for how to use Odin.

Note - For your Knowledge, please read on the 4.3 and its locked bootloader.
Last edited by Perseus; 13th June 2014 at 03:25 PM.
12th June 2014, 10:23 PM |#3  
getochkn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 499
 
More
The root66 works fine on the wind phone and disables knox. it doesn't trip the flash counter so warranty is still intact if you had to flash back to a knox-rom. once you get into custom roms', the flash counter gets tripped though.

i just installed the 4.4.2 likewise rom, and it is smoooooooth. lol. it's not official though.
12th June 2014, 11:11 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71

Kox Free Root 66 is always preferred over Stock update. The instructions and all the necessary files are in the Root66 Thread.

In short you need Odin v 3.xx Need to have the Drivers installed for your phone. Make sure Kies is not installed on your PC. Put your phone in Download mode and then connect to pc. Flash the Root66 file and you are done. There are several tutorials on Youtube for how to use Odin.

Note - For your Knowledge, please read on the 4.3 and its locked bootloader.


How do I know which wind pre-installed root firmware to install:
WIND Image
December 2013 - 4.3 JellyBean
Note: This is based off of the stock image GLW T999VVLUEMK5
Download :: Download - root66_GLW_T999VVLUEMK5.7z

June 2013 - 4.1.2 JellyBean
Note: This is based off of the stock image GLW T999VVLDMF2
Perm Mirror: Download - root66_GLW_T999VVLDMF2.7z

December 2012 - 4.1.1 JellyBean
Note: This is based off of the stock image GLW T999VVLDLL1
Perm Mirror: Download - root66_GLW_T999VVLDLL1.7z

my s3 is on 4.1.2 so do I download that one or is that the firmware that will be newly installed? I want 4.3 newly installed.
12th June 2014, 11:16 PM |#5  
Perseus's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 5,224
 
Donate to Me
More
Please flash root66_GLW_T999VVLUEMK5.7z
12th June 2014, 11:18 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Also on http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1949687 they have 4 files, sorry for all the questions


Wind_VLUEMK5
Updated JB Firmware

Wind_VLDMF2
Updated JB Firmware

Wind_VLDLL1
Updated JB Firmware

Wind_VLALH2
Updated ICS Firmware
12th June 2014, 11:22 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71

Please flash root66_GLW_T999VVLUEMK5.7z

Even if my current s3 firmware is 4.1.2 baseband t999vvldmf2 ?
13th June 2014, 03:25 PM |#8  
Perseus's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 5,224
 
Donate to Me
More
Yes that's fine. It will update your Bootloader.
14th June 2014, 04:16 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
upgrade not good
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreso3k

Hey just wondering if I should do the update to stock 4.3 OTA or not. I've been looking at the root66 knox free 4.3 and it sounds good. Any Issues with it? or stock OTA? I've read mixed reviews, and am now confused. Also if I do install root66 on this wind t999v, am I required to install the stock OTA 4.3 update for it to work? Or am I in a better situation if I just install it from 4.1.2? Also any basic instructions on what I would have to do to install root66 would be much appriciated. I'm technologically inclined, just been out of the cellphone moding scene for quite some time, and just want to ask before I start asking how to unbrick. Thanks in advance.


i want to downgrade, but cannot find any way to downgrade.
14th June 2014, 09:01 PM |#10  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,568
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcome2you

i want to downgrade, but cannot find any way to downgrade.

because you cannot downgrade from 4.3 firmware.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes