Hulu+ - Low quality streaming

OP leumas2003

14th June 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello everyone!

I just recently got myself a Chromecast to use specifically with Netflix and Hulu Plus (casting from an iOS device).

Thanks to this forum I knew how to proceed for everything beforehand, using Smart DNS in my router, blacklisting google's DNS servers, etc. I have a TP-Link router.

Netflix is working perfectly, bumps to the 720p stream in about 6 seconds and another 5-6 seconds later it streams at 1080p without any noticeable drops so far.

Hulu Plus however is being problematic. It might smart in HD (sometimes) but either a few minutes later or after the commercials it drops to SD quality and rarely ramps up again. Starting the stream again helps, but only for a short while.

As I currently don't have another H+ device to test, i was wondering if the hulu plus implementation with Chromecast is indeed flawed or if this is happening just to myself (I understand that being overseas might not help - although I'm not sure which CDN I'm getting the content from), but it's really annoying seeing all the godawful pixels on my screen constantly - the Ads... pfft, well, those are always in 720p, go figure!

Anyway, hopefully you'll be able to share your experiences with me!

Cheers, thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread