Sony Extends AOSP Project to the Xperia Z3

While most OEMs simply don’t care about the custom ROM community, others are doing an … more

How Open Source Can Help Your Project w/ Ethan Yonker – BABBQ2014

People have finally recovered from this years Big Android BBQ … more

Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

[Q] Remove Knox Security//

OP WelfareBaby

2nd June 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,477

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
That should be fine.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
4th June 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

168 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

That should be fine.

Thanks..One more thing,ok im running stock 4.3 rooted build uvuenc2 t999 twrp recovery 2.5.0.0 i read that i cant restore backup with twrp do i overwrite twrp with cwm to backup or what also while backing up in twrp do i backup boot,cache or just system,data,etc..
4th June 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
System - rom
Boot - kernel
Data - (apps, settings, etc)

I use twrp 2.7.0.0 and have no issues. Haven't used cwm in several years. Yours is very old though. If you dont update it it will probably give you problems.

9th June 2014, 09:29 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

168 posts
Quote:

System - rom
Boot - kernel
Data - (apps, settings, etc)

I use twrp 2.7.0.0 and have no issues. Haven't used cwm in several years. Yours is very old though. If you dont update it it will probably give you problems.

ok..whats going on i done tried 3 or more versions of twrp and i cant install cm10,11 etc..install failed getprop(ro.bootloader) error updating binary in zip.t999UVDLJC/T999UVDMD5/T999UVUEMJC/T999VVLDLL1/T999LUVAMB7/T999VVLDMF2/T999VVLUEMK5/T999LUVUBMK4.whats does this mean..
9th June 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelfareBaby

ok..whats going on i done tried 3 or more versions of twrp and i cant install cm10,11 etc..install failed getprop(ro.bootloader) error updating binary in zip.t999UVDLJC/T999UVDMD5/T999UVUEMJC/T999VVLDLL1/T999LUVAMB7/T999VVLDMF2/T999VVLUEMK5/T999LUVUBMK4.whats does this mean..

CM still hasnt bothered to update their updater-scripts to include the latest firmware builds. You will have to manually edit the script and either delete ALL "assert" lines, or add your firmware build to it.
11th June 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member

168 posts
Quote:

CM still hasnt bothered to update their updater-scripts to include the latest firmware builds. You will have to manually edit the script and either delete ALL "assert" lines, or add your firmware build to it.

Well i also tried to flash a different rom using twrp 2.7.0 t999 4.3 and got the same error??and also where could i find a good editing script tried 7zip but it came with malware so had to delete.I really like cm and want to try.
12th June 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #17  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Use Notepad++ for editing the script. Get it here: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Get 7-zip from here: http://7-zip.org

Not sure where you got yours if it says its malware. I've been using it for years with zero issues and believe it can be trusted. Just extract the contents of the rom, find the updater-script in the meta-inf folder tree and edit with notepad++. Also delete the signatures if they are present (3 files in the meta-inf folder). Some roms have them, some dont. CM probably does.

There are many roms out there that have not been updated to include the latest firmware builds. You more than likely got another one like it.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member

168 posts
Quote:

Use Notepad++ for editing the script. Get it here: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Get 7-zip from here: http://7-zip.org

Not sure where you got yours if it says its malware. I've been using it for years with zero issues and believe it can be trusted. Just extract the contents of the rom, find the updater-script in the meta-inf folder tree and edit with notepad++. Also delete the signatures if they are present (3 files in the meta-inf folder). Some roms have them, some dont. CM probably does.

There are many roms out there that have not been updated to include the latest firmware builds. You more than likely got another one like it.

..Finally was able to remove asserts and flash cm10.2 up and running really smooth you deserve all credit up until yesterday i never used 7zip or notepad 2 thanks for all the help and patience Docholiday77 cheers..have a beer on me or a soft drink..
The Following User Says Thank You to WelfareBaby For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelfareBaby

..Finally was able to remove asserts and flash cm10.2 up and running really smooth you deserve all credit up until yesterday i never used 7zip or notepad 2 thanks for all the help and patience Docholiday77 cheers..have a beer on me or a soft drink..

No problem at all! I'm glad I could help!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread