Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Remove Knox Security//

OP WelfareBaby

2nd June 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #11  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,497
 
9,195 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
That should be fine.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
5th June 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #12  
WelfareBaby's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

That should be fine.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Thanks..One more thing,ok im running stock 4.3 rooted build uvuenc2 t999 twrp recovery 2.5.0.0 i read that i cant restore backup with twrp do i overwrite twrp with cwm to backup or what also while backing up in twrp do i backup boot,cache or just system,data,etc..
5th June 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #13  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,497
 
9,195 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
System - rom
Boot - kernel
Data - (apps, settings, etc)

I use twrp 2.7.0.0 and have no issues. Haven't used cwm in several years. Yours is very old though. If you dont update it it will probably give you problems.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
9th June 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #14  
WelfareBaby's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

System - rom
Boot - kernel
Data - (apps, settings, etc)

I use twrp 2.7.0.0 and have no issues. Haven't used cwm in several years. Yours is very old though. If you dont update it it will probably give you problems.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

ok..whats going on i done tried 3 or more versions of twrp and i cant install cm10,11 etc..install failed getprop(ro.bootloader) error updating binary in zip.t999UVDLJC/T999UVDMD5/T999UVUEMJC/T999VVLDLL1/T999LUVAMB7/T999VVLDMF2/T999VVLUEMK5/T999LUVUBMK4.whats does this mean..
9th June 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #15  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,497
 
9,195 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelfareBaby

ok..whats going on i done tried 3 or more versions of twrp and i cant install cm10,11 etc..install failed getprop(ro.bootloader) error updating binary in zip.t999UVDLJC/T999UVDMD5/T999UVUEMJC/T999VVLDLL1/T999LUVAMB7/T999VVLDMF2/T999VVLUEMK5/T999LUVUBMK4.whats does this mean..

CM still hasnt bothered to update their updater-scripts to include the latest firmware builds. You will have to manually edit the script and either delete ALL "assert" lines, or add your firmware build to it.
12th June 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #16  
WelfareBaby's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

CM still hasnt bothered to update their updater-scripts to include the latest firmware builds. You will have to manually edit the script and either delete ALL "assert" lines, or add your firmware build to it.

Well i also tried to flash a different rom using twrp 2.7.0 t999 4.3 and got the same error??and also where could i find a good editing script tried 7zip but it came with malware so had to delete.I really like cm and want to try.
12th June 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #17  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,497
 
9,195 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Use Notepad++ for editing the script. Get it here: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Get 7-zip from here: http://7-zip.org

Not sure where you got yours if it says its malware. I've been using it for years with zero issues and believe it can be trusted. Just extract the contents of the rom, find the updater-script in the meta-inf folder tree and edit with notepad++. Also delete the signatures if they are present (3 files in the meta-inf folder). Some roms have them, some dont. CM probably does.

There are many roms out there that have not been updated to include the latest firmware builds. You more than likely got another one like it.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #18  
WelfareBaby's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Use Notepad++ for editing the script. Get it here: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Get 7-zip from here: http://7-zip.org

Not sure where you got yours if it says its malware. I've been using it for years with zero issues and believe it can be trusted. Just extract the contents of the rom, find the updater-script in the meta-inf folder tree and edit with notepad++. Also delete the signatures if they are present (3 files in the meta-inf folder). Some roms have them, some dont. CM probably does.

There are many roms out there that have not been updated to include the latest firmware builds. You more than likely got another one like it.

..Finally was able to remove asserts and flash cm10.2 up and running really smooth you deserve all credit up until yesterday i never used 7zip or notepad 2 thanks for all the help and patience Docholiday77 cheers..have a beer on me or a soft drink..
The Following User Says Thank You to WelfareBaby For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #19  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,497
 
9,195 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelfareBaby

..Finally was able to remove asserts and flash cm10.2 up and running really smooth you deserve all credit up until yesterday i never used 7zip or notepad 2 thanks for all the help and patience Docholiday77 cheers..have a beer on me or a soft drink..

No problem at all! I'm glad I could help!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes