Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,047 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with the software update i am stuck on 4.2.2

Tip us?

cerberossr
Old
(Last edited by cerberossr; 14th June 2014 at 04:27 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problem with the software update i am stuck on 4.2.2

Hello! I am totally nob on this.
I buy my Samsung Galaxy s4 SGH-I337 on may of 2013, i unlock it to work with any carer, i root it but after a month the screen break down and i don't use it sins may 2014. Now i try to update the software but it says: Software Update Interrupted and kies says i have the last firmware. Is there any solution to my problem? I am leaving in albania if it has something to do with my problem.
Thank you.
(Sorry for my english)

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberossr View Post
Hello! I am totally nob on this.
I buy my Samsung Galaxy s4 SGH-I337 on may of 2013, i unlock it to work with any carer, i root it but after a month the screen break down and i don't use it sins may 2014. Now i try to update the software but it says: Software Update Interrupted and kies says i have the last firmware. Is there any solution to my problem? I am leaving in albania if it has something to do with my problem.
Thank you.
(Sorry for my english)
Use Odin to update the firmware. It will wipe the device so make sure you backup everything first. But you are on 4.2.2 so you can really flash roms. With the newer firmware you won't be able to if that's important to you

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

cerberossr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Use Odin to update the firmware. It will wipe the device so make sure you backup everything first. But you are on 4.2.2 so you can really flash roms. With the newer firmware you won't be able to if that's important to you

Is not any firmware for my device at odin. As I said I am totally noob on this so I dant know what to do, if you know any topic that have any information based on what I can do to my device will be perfect. Thank you.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberossr View Post
Is not any firmware for my device at odin. As I said I am totally noob on this so I dant know what to do, if you know any topic that have any information based on what I can do to my device will be perfect. Thank you.
Do you care about custom roms or rooting your device? Or do you just want the latest firmware?

cerberossr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Do you care about custom roms or rooting your device? Or do you just want the latest firmware?

I like the camera options that samsung has on her firmware thash why I want to update this one but I dont know if it is better to have a custom rom.