Problem with the software update i am stuck on 4.2.2

OP cerberossr

14th June 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Tirane
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello! I am totally nob on this.
I buy my Samsung Galaxy s4 SGH-I337 on may of 2013, i unlock it to work with any carer, i root it but after a month the screen break down and i don't use it sins may 2014. Now i try to update the software but it says: Software Update Interrupted and kies says i have the last firmware. Is there any solution to my problem? I am leaving in albania if it has something to do with my problem.
Thank you.
(Sorry for my english)
Last edited by cerberossr; 14th June 2014 at 05:27 PM.
14th June 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,947

11,297 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberossr

Hello! I am totally nob on this.
I buy my Samsung Galaxy s4 SGH-I337 on may of 2013, i unlock it to work with any carer, i root it but after a month the screen break down and i don't use it sins may 2014. Now i try to update the software but it says: Software Update Interrupted and kies says i have the last firmware. Is there any solution to my problem? I am leaving in albania if it has something to do with my problem.
Thank you.
(Sorry for my english)

Use Odin to update the firmware. It will wipe the device so make sure you backup everything first. But you are on 4.2.2 so you can really flash roms. With the newer firmware you won't be able to if that's important to you

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
14th June 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Tirane

4 posts
Camera
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Use Odin to update the firmware. It will wipe the device so make sure you backup everything first. But you are on 4.2.2 so you can really flash roms. With the newer firmware you won't be able to if that's important to you

Is not any firmware for my device at odin. As I said I am totally noob on this so I dant know what to do, if you know any topic that have any information based on what I can do to my device will be perfect. Thank you.
14th June 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,947

11,297 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberossr

Is not any firmware for my device at odin. As I said I am totally noob on this so I dant know what to do, if you know any topic that have any information based on what I can do to my device will be perfect. Thank you.

Do you care about custom roms or rooting your device? Or do you just want the latest firmware?

14th June 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Tirane

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Do you care about custom roms or rooting your device? Or do you just want the latest firmware?

I like the camera options that samsung has on her firmware thash why I want to update this one but I dont know if it is better to have a custom rom.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread