[Q] New Z1 Compact owner many questions HELP ME OH MIGHY ONES

Search This thread

mentalghost

Account currently disabled
Mar 1, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
So after having my Xperia S for the last 2 years decided enough was enough with the WiFi problem GUESS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I GO TO SELL IT. The ****ing WiFi decided to work and continues to stay on. Starts to work with no reason after the amount of BS and problems I have had over the last 2 to 3 months trying many custom roms kernels and stock roms nothing working then all of a sudden bam it works when selling.
Phone must have a mind of its own saying ill work ill work don't sell me DONT SELL lol. I managed to get £140.00 exchange towards the z1 compact anyone think that was worth it?? £140 on exchange for the Xperia S 32Gig version. The Xperia z1 compact was £225 cash price with trade in paid £85 total 2nd. Also comes with 1 years guarantee with it and wasn't expecting any guarantee with a 2nd hand phone but cant grumble you don't get that on E of the Bay lol

Now comes my questions.

1 Can you change the glass on front without having to change touch screen or is this part of it? Not that I need it now but if brake in future I know.

2 Can you change the Back cover. Could do with changing as scratched to the max.
3 Can you buy the sides or full housing for the phone?
4 Can this phone be unlocked with software free. Or is it a matter of off to an unlock site and buy credit to do so or take down to local market?
5 How easy is it to unlock bootloader and root phone. Are they any versions to lookout for as I had in past with some phones had problems unlocking bootloader and had to remain on locked.. Is it just a matter of grabbing flashtool and unlocking or is their more to it with much newer handsets now?

Now on to the earphone jack and speaker at bottom of phone. The phone does say it is water proof however I do not see how it is when speaker and also earphone jack are not covered by any protective covers. Does this have some sort of seal within it to make water proof?

Thanks in advance.

hol17

Sep 16, 2009
Edmonton
So after having my Xperia S for the last 2 years decided enough was enough with the WiFi problem GUESS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I GO TO SELL IT. The ****ing WiFi decided to work and continues to stay on. Starts to work with no reason after the amount of BS and problems I have had over the last 2 to 3 months trying many custom roms kernels and stock roms nothing working then all of a sudden bam it works when selling.
Phone must have a mind of its own saying ill work ill work don't sell me DONT SELL lol. I managed to get £140.00 exchange towards the z1 compact anyone think that was worth it?? £140 on exchange for the Xperia S 32Gig version. The Xperia z1 compact was £225 cash price with trade in paid £85 total 2nd. Also comes with 1 years guarantee with it and wasn't expecting any guarantee with a 2nd hand phone but cant grumble you don't get that on E of the Bay lol

Now comes my questions.

1 Can you change the glass on front without having to change touch screen or is this part of it? Not that I need it now but if brake in future I know.

2 Can you change the Back cover. Could do with changing as scratched to the max.
3 Can you buy the sides or full housing for the phone?
4 Can this phone be unlocked with software free. Or is it a matter of off to an unlock site and buy credit to do so or take down to local market?
5 How easy is it to unlock bootloader and root phone. Are they any versions to lookout for as I had in past with some phones had problems unlocking bootloader and had to remain on locked.. Is it just a matter of grabbing flashtool and unlocking or is their more to it with much newer handsets now?

Now on to the earphone jack and speaker at bottom of phone. The phone does say it is water proof however I do not see how it is when speaker and also earphone jack are not covered by any protective covers. Does this have some sort of seal within it to make water proof?

Thanks in advance.

I can answer 2, 4, and 5 for you.

2 - Yes, you can change the back cover. Lots of users are doing it currently. Can check out the thread:

4 - Phone is already unlocked for any SIM so don't worry about that :)

5 - Sony provides instructions directly on their website for unlocking the bootloader. Rooting is really simple as like most devices, you just flash SuperSU.

If you don't want to unlock the bootloader but root your phone, it can take some extra work.

Waterproof - The headphone jack is internally sealed and the speaker grill has a membrane.

Sent from my Z1C "Pocket Rocket"

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
4 - Phone is already unlocked for any SIM so don't worry about that :)
How would you know that his is unlocked?

5 - Sony provides instructions directly on their website for unlocking the bootloader. Rooting is really simple as like most devices, you just flash SuperSU.

Might be good to mention to @mentalghost that in order to restore the phone to a completely factory state further down the line you'll need a backup of your TA partition. There are guides explaining how to do that here on xda.

hol17

Sep 16, 2009
Edmonton
How would you know that his is unlocked?

Might be good to mention to @mentalghost that in order to restore the phone to a completely factory state further down the line you'll need a backup of your TA partition. There are guides explaining how to do that here on xda.

I haven't found a single locked Z1C online and no one has reported one being locked. If it is, just a local store or an online site.

As for the TA keys, guide is here:

Sent from my Z1C "Pocket Rocket"

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
thx guys however my phone is locked to o2 and also checked status on phone that bootloader lock status is NO. Is their a way around this?

No, you will most likely never ever be able to unlock that phone. The only possibility is if O2 has some kind of code they can give you to unlock the device (not sure if this is possible). Otherwise I would suggest returning it and buying one from Clove or CarPhoneWarehouse or something, as theirs are neither locked nor bootloader unlock disallowed.