Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 46,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Back to Stock "No Partition" any more

Tip us?

smrtfondumuser
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Back to Stock "No Partition" any more

Galaxy tab 2 7.0 gt-p3113 Was rooted, downloaded stock rom from sammobile and flashed with odin 3.07. Everything looked fine, but has been glitchy. Noticed that I no longer have a partition on the internal SD. Is this cause for concern? OR How to I reflash stock rom and get the required partition? I went back to stock for the upcoming Updates. Thanks in advance

tokenpoke
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtfondumuser View Post
Galaxy tab 2 7.0 gt-p3113 Was rooted, downloaded stock rom from sammobile and flashed with odin 3.07. Everything looked fine, but has been glitchy. Noticed that I no longer have a partition on the internal SD. Is this cause for concern? OR How to I reflash stock rom and get the required partition? I went back to stock for the upcoming Updates. Thanks in advance
Flash the stock rom and use the correct PIT file in odin at the same time.
If you have a 16gig device and accidentally flash 8gig you won't have half of your sd.. if you have 8 and try a 16 pit it will fail on partitioning.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

smrtfondumuser
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
"correct PIT file in odin" , would this be a separate file to add to odin? I have flashed a few roms with odin, but never came accross this issue. I will also go back to Sammobile and look for a different stock version. AGAIN, Thanks. Huge fan of the work on this site.

smrtfondumuser
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I did some checking, looked at another tab and could not find a partition. Seems the later versions are missing some things, one is the "Developer" options in settings. Still have an "error" somewhere in the system but I am not savvy enough to know how to find it or fix it. Anyway, went backwards in ICS to go forward. Will see how this works out !!!! Back to a stock ROM for awhile.

CSP III
Old
Thanks Meter 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtfondumuser View Post
I did some checking, looked at another tab and could not find a partition. Seems the later versions are missing some things, one is the "Developer" options in settings. Still have an "error" somewhere in the system but I am not savvy enough to know how to find it or fix it. Anyway, went backwards in ICS to go forward. Will see how this works out !!!! Back to a stock ROM for awhile.
go to settings, about tab and tap on the build # about 7 times to enable "developer setttings" (if rooted of course)
The Following User Says Thank You to CSP III For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]