Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 38,509 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Native ubuntu on tegra note 7 ?

Tip us?

vchircu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Native ubuntu on tegra note 7 ?

Hey guys , ive been searching for days but cant seem to find a guide or download for this anyewhere , was wondering is it possible to boot ubuntu natively on our tegra note 7 ? ive already tried and suceeded in running ubuntu in android using the chroot method but i want to know is it possible to boot straight to / dualboot ubuntu ?
Thanks in advanced :P

hacktrix2006
Old
Thanks Meter 389

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vchircu View Post
Hey guys , ive been searching for days but cant seem to find a guide or download for this anyewhere , was wondering is it possible to boot ubuntu natively on our tegra note 7 ? ive already tried and suceeded in running ubuntu in android using the chroot method but i want to know is it possible to boot straight to / dualboot ubuntu ?
I take it you mean Ubuntu in its direct form like the standard Desktop OS ?

If so there is a arm version of Ubuntu Server 14.04 coming out soon but thats a ARMv8 only. Now heres the catch our Tegra Note 7 is based on a Coretx A15 SOC which is ARMv7.

Now the only version of Ubuntu i know that was ported to ARMv7 was Ubuntu 12.04.

There was a Tegra 2 Version of this which you can read about here : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/TEGRA/AC100

So its possible, however as of yet the only other option would be Ubuntu Touch but thats not a native ubuntu.
Retired Mobile: HTC Wildfire (Buzz) Hboot: 1.02.000 (Superversion)
SecureFlag: On (Was Off'd with XTC Clip)
Rom: None Blanked for Testing Roms!!!!!!!!!
CWM: 5.0.2.8

Boot Manager: Full Version Paid and Worth It!

New Mobile: HTC Desire HD
SecureFlag: Off Via XTC Clip (I love my clip its so nice!)
Rom: Pacman Rom
Recovery: 4EXT

New Device:

Advent Nvidia Note 7 Tegra 4
Rom: 4.4.2
Recovery: CWM 6.0.4.6
Bootloader: Unlocked
The Following User Says Thank You to hacktrix2006 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vchircu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up thank you :P

Thanks for the reply and link , ill have a look and see what i can find , if i manage to get anything done ill post back here

asratxda
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vchircu View Post
Can you make a thread on instructing how to chroot into ubuntu and run ubuntu on TN7? What applications work on it?

vchircu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by asratxda View Post
Can you make a thread on instructing how to chroot into ubuntu and run ubuntu on TN7? What applications work on it?
Yes i will make a thread , unfortuneatly i have not tested any applications on it as of yet , i should have the thread ready by sometime tomorrow
The Following User Says Thank You to vchircu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]