Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,417 Members 39,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kindle fire turns off when rebooting to recovery

Tip us?

webharsh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Default [Q] Kindle fire turns off when rebooting to recovery

My Kindle fire turns off when I try to boot to recovery. I'm trying to update to OtterX. The last change I did was installing OtterX bootloader but that was many months back. Before that I installed dual boot bootlader and installed couple of ROM's.

I'm not sure whats wrong I'v tried rebooting into recovery from power button also from boot menu but it always shuts down .
Phone : Nexus 4 - Rom : Mahdi ROM
Tablet : Motorola Xoom - Rom : CM10.1

My Apex themes: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=webh

Ixthusdan
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Make sure you are charged. Use the power button to fully shut down by holding it in for a good 30 seconds. Try these first.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ixthusdan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

webharsh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixthusdan View Post
Make sure you are charged. Use the power button to fully shut down by holding it in for a good 30 seconds. Try these first.
Device is 73% charged also tried shutting down by holding down power for 30 secs but same results.

Ixthusdan
Old
Thanks Meter 110
OK. Is ADB working for you? And when you say it turns off, do you mean when you are running the system all is normal, but going to Recovery, it shuts down instead of reaching recovery, or it reaches recovery but then shuts down?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ixthusdan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

webharsh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
OK. Is ADB working for you? And when you say it turns off, do you mean when you are running the system all is normal, but going to Recovery, it shuts down instead of reaching recovery, or it reaches recovery but then shuts down?
ADB is working fine. Yes system works fine I have a 4.2.2 PAC ROM and it works with no issues. But when I reboot to recovery it tries and show kindle logo but shuts down after.

Ixthusdan
Old
Thanks Meter 110
I think that recovery is borked. You could install Flashify and flash a new recovery image. I would try that first. Be sure that your boot works. Shut it down and boot to boot loader. If it does not reboot but allows you to move around on the menu, then for sure flash a new recovery image. The latest is twrp 2.7.1, which will work totally with the latest roms and file systems.

webharsh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
I think that recovery is borked. You could install Flashify and flash a new recovery image. I would try that first. Be sure that your boot works. Shut it down and boot to boot loader. If it does not reboot but allows you to move around on the menu, then for sure flash a new recovery image. The latest is twrp 2.7.1, which will work totally with the latest roms and file systems.
This worked. Thanks . Installed otter version of TWRP using flashify.