Remove All Ads from XDA
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I do not have an S4. I ordered one from Swappa expecting to use it on Straighttalks LTE service. Already ordered the sim card as well.
However, of course right after this I started digging a bit more and found that it is currently impossible to root an S4 after it's updated to 4.4.2. The one I ordered is updated.
I'd highly prefer to have root. I don't "need" it. But, if I can achieve root without much issue I'd prefer it.

I did find a few posts about using something called Odin and safestrap. I didn't read fully through them yet. But, I'm curious if doing these methods actually work for downgrading? If they do what are the "limits"? Can I put any Rom in or is it only a specific Rom?
Will I likely run into issues doing this while using the ST LTE settings?

Just trying to cover my bases before I start on this phone. It's not here yet and I'd rather resell it if I'm better off doing that.

I am curious what would be suggested purchase for the ST LTE service since it seems the AT&T S4 is out of question if I can't even update the damn thing. I'd rather be capable of updates and having root. I don't care about being able to do Roms and stuff.
Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread