ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

What is the best manual/auto settings

OP TheCyberShocker

14th June 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

64 posts
I have stock z1 and was wondering what is the absolute best settings for manual mode and maybe auto. I know you can't change much in auto. Thanks in advanced

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
14th June 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 15

68 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberShocker

I have stock z1 and was wondering what is the absolute best settings for manual mode and maybe auto. I know you can't change much in auto. Thanks in advanced

There is no absolute best setting because of various different scenes you could be taking. for example a good setting for a shot during the night would be poor for a good lightning portrait. auto mode tries to detect the best settings for the shot you are currently taking.
When taking a landscape you need hdr to smooth out the overly bright sky contrasting the land.
I find auto to be very good and I use it almost always. If you want to learn more Google for example " how to use DSL camera"
the cameras are different but the principle is the same and so are the adjustable settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to ak800i For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

64 posts
Don't you worry about not having the full 20mp since auto is only 8?

14th June 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #4  
Flag Tetovo
Thanks Meter: 42

169 posts
Donate to Me
More
I mostly use my camera on Manual mode, even in the evening and low light conditions.

I use the 15MP setting. Then, you can choose Exposure on the left side of the screen and the White Balance. When you have the right WB (you will surely chose the one that best fits YOUR eye, you can try changing the Metering settings. These are really great for many shots like portraits and Macro photos. You can search for Metering settings on the Internet. Last thing I chose is the ISO sensitivity. For brighter scenes you can decrease it, but for low light you can make it higher to catch more light.

Try out these settings in any possible way, you will upgrade your knowledge in photography, but the possibilities are endless.

All the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 36

473 posts
It will always depend on the scenario. But I always use 8mp 4:3 aspect ratio.

Sent from my LG-D618 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th June 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

64 posts
How come?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread