Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,264 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is the best manual/auto settings

Tip us?

TheCyberShocker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default What is the best manual/auto settings

I have stock z1 and was wondering what is the absolute best settings for manual mode and maybe auto. I know you can't change much in auto. Thanks in advanced

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

ak800i
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberShocker View Post
I have stock z1 and was wondering what is the absolute best settings for manual mode and maybe auto. I know you can't change much in auto. Thanks in advanced

There is no absolute best setting because of various different scenes you could be taking. for example a good setting for a shot during the night would be poor for a good lightning portrait. auto mode tries to detect the best settings for the shot you are currently taking.
When taking a landscape you need hdr to smooth out the overly bright sky contrasting the land.
I find auto to be very good and I use it almost always. If you want to learn more Google for example " how to use DSL camera"
the cameras are different but the principle is the same and so are the adjustable settings.

Hit the Thanks button if I helped you

I dream of a world without borders.
The Following User Says Thank You to ak800i For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheCyberShocker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Don't you worry about not having the full 20mp since auto is only 8?

Vengeance66
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I mostly use my camera on Manual mode, even in the evening and low light conditions.

I use the 15MP setting. Then, you can choose Exposure on the left side of the screen and the White Balance. When you have the right WB (you will surely chose the one that best fits YOUR eye, you can try changing the Metering settings. These are really great for many shots like portraits and Macro photos. You can search for Metering settings on the Internet. Last thing I chose is the ISO sensitivity. For brighter scenes you can decrease it, but for low light you can make it higher to catch more light.

Try out these settings in any possible way, you will upgrade your knowledge in photography, but the possibilities are endless.

All the best.
Proud ex-owner of Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i, Sony Xperia S and proud owner of Sony Xperia Z1!

Check out my Sony Xperia Z1 photos HERE.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ermond012
Old
Thanks Meter 32
It will always depend on the scenario. But I always use 8mp 4:3 aspect ratio.

Sent from my LG-D618 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheCyberShocker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
How come?