Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 53,554 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android Forensic Project

Tip us?

Don164
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist42 View Post
Well XDA is probably one (if not The) best place to find out what is and isn't possible to do anything with a phone and idea's are where it starts and the knowledgebase can quickly expand once people twig what you're onto :what:

I've learnt more from scratch by bouncing ideas round, talking with the more technically minded than I would have by only reading pages in a book and DEV's and almost everybody will point you in the right direction if asked.

Bashing away at my HTC Desire C
Hence the reason why I posted here ! I would heavily appreciate whatever help I can get and I like to think this can ultimately improve my knowledge, I know knowledge wise, I'm pretty much catered for, here at XDA !

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

moonbutt74
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Default okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
Hence the reason why I posted here ! I would heavily appreciate whatever help I can get and I like to think this can ultimately improve my knowledge, I know knowledge wise, I'm pretty much catered for, here at XDA !

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app
so if i understand you, you want to break into the phone, yes? that's what forensics is.
flash a stock kernel to your recovery partition or, mod recovery images mount points ramdisk and permissions to enablde adb operations
to pull the data, loop mount it in linux , browse pull analyse change etc.

seems like a long winded way to complicate an orgasm, having read through the thread i still don't get the surface of what you asking.
if your trying to carve out deleted files find or cross compile foremost. if prof argues about rights and legality argue a national security
life and death security over freedom angle.

forensics.

m
?quam similis est corvum e scrinium
DVDA DEV-HOST Include Syntax Mount Options

Kernel Sources Samsung Galaxty Tab 3 10.1
5210 Kernel Source 5200 Kernel Source 5220 Kernel Source