Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,456 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] (Help) HTC One M8 Wiped System files / no recovery / no OS

Tip us?

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOOb HTC Guy View Post
OKAY BREAKTHROUGH lol instead of sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for replies, I thought I'd spend the time trying to sideload Cyanogenmod, IT WOOOOORRRKKEED and im in a good mood for the first time today thanks to you! My only problem now is that I cannot seem to restore from my backup, it always fails at system :S
I'll be back in around 2 hours or so, off to work now. At least a breakthrough of some sorts, will check on this thread later, hopefully you don't have to wait so long for your device to be fixed

skinsfanbdh
Old
(Last edited by skinsfanbdh; 14th June 2014 at 09:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 477
if your using a different recovery or a different version of the same recovery your backups may not work unless you flash the recovery you made the backups with

nOOb HTC Guy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Guys, Im still stuck with cyanogen mod, nothing else will flash or sideload successfully. Also, what I thought was the ruu for my phone was not, can anyone find the correct ruu for mine? Htc one m8 on vodafone uk, cant find an ruu anywhere

Also, cannot obtain s-off since I get "permission denied" message when trying to adb shell and "su" through terminal..... Dont know if I require s-off to flash roms or ruu? thanks.

nOOb HTC Guy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Ok it doesnt look there is an ruu for mine yet. So maybe I should focus on trying to get my own stock backup to restore, but nothing works! Its always the system bit that fails, boot data cache all restore successfully, any ideas? Would be absolutely amazing if I could just restore to the backup successfully!

nOOb HTC Guy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up success!

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! NOOOOOBBB POOWWWEERRR!!!!! Sorted it finally!!!!

For anyone else who has had problems restoring from backups, try restoring with files on phone memory and not sd card! Thats what worked for me.

Guys, thankyou all so much for your help I am eternally grateful and more relieved than you can imagine. Finally have a phone again
The Following User Says Thank You to nOOb HTC Guy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]