The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] (Help) HTC One M8 Wiped System files / no recovery / no OS

OP nOOb HTC Guy

14th June 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 416

1,162 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOOb HTC Guy

OKAY BREAKTHROUGH lol instead of sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for replies, I thought I'd spend the time trying to sideload Cyanogenmod, IT WOOOOORRRKKEED and im in a good mood for the first time today thanks to you! My only problem now is that I cannot seem to restore from my backup, it always fails at system :S

I'll be back in around 2 hours or so, off to work now. At least a breakthrough of some sorts, will check on this thread later, hopefully you don't have to wait so long for your device to be fixed

14th June 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #12  
Flag Chesapeake,VA
Thanks Meter: 476

1,850 posts
More
if your using a different recovery or a different version of the same recovery your backups may not work unless you flash the recovery you made the backups with
Last edited by skinsfanbdh; 14th June 2014 at 10:30 PM.
15th June 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
Guys, Im still stuck with cyanogen mod, nothing else will flash or sideload successfully. Also, what I thought was the ruu for my phone was not, can anyone find the correct ruu for mine? Htc one m8 on vodafone uk, cant find an ruu anywhere

Also, cannot obtain s-off since I get "permission denied" message when trying to adb shell and "su" through terminal..... Dont know if I require s-off to flash roms or ruu? thanks.
15th June 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Ok it doesnt look there is an ruu for mine yet. So maybe I should focus on trying to get my own stock backup to restore, but nothing works! Its always the system bit that fails, boot data cache all restore successfully, any ideas? Would be absolutely amazing if I could just restore to the backup successfully!
15th June 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Thumbs up success!
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! NOOOOOBBB POOWWWEERRR!!!!! Sorted it finally!!!!

For anyone else who has had problems restoring from backups, try restoring with files on phone memory and not sd card! Thats what worked for me.

Guys, thankyou all so much for your help I am eternally grateful and more relieved than you can imagine. Finally have a phone again
The Following User Says Thank You to nOOb HTC Guy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread