Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 52,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One S BIG issue

Tip us?
 
cristy78
Old
#1  
cristy78's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 49
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jeddah
Default HTC One S BIG issue

Hi, I have a problem and if anyone can help me.

I did a stuuuupid thing and somehow I erased the ROM and the recovery !!!
All I have now is Fastboot. HBoot is 2.16 and S-on.

I can not flash any thing as the laptops ( win7 and win 8.1) do not see the phone....

Any ideeas ?
Lg G2
 
Rapier
Old
(Last edited by Rapier; 14th June 2014 at 12:38 PM.)
#2  
Rapier's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1605
Posts: 3,466
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bucharest

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristy78 View Post
Hi, I have a problem and if anyone can help me.

I did a stuuuupid thing and somehow I erased the ROM and the recovery !!!
All I have now is Fastboot. HBoot is 2.16 and S-on.

I can not flash any thing as the laptops ( win7 and win 8.1) do not see the phone....

Any ideeas ?
How could you possibly be hboot 2.16 AND S-On? 2.16 was not official so you should have been S-Off to upgrade to it. You lost your S-Off after upgrading hboot?

Anyway, you should be able to see phone in fastboot mode and be able to flash a recovery regardless of your S-On/S-Off state. If you can't flash a recovery, that means your bootloader is locked and you'll have to follow the procedure for unlocking it via HTC Dev site. If you can't see the phone in fastboot, that means your fastboot drivers are not properly installed
Sent from nowhere over the air...
Don't force it...use a bigger hammer!

HTC One S - AOSPA Legacy 4+ / CandyKat
HTC Desire S - IceColdSandwich
HTC Legend - CyanogenMod V7.1.0 (sold)
 
cristy78
Old
#3  
cristy78's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 49
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jeddah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
How could you possibly be hboot 2.16 AND S-On? 2.16 was not official so you should have been S-Off to upgrade to it. You lost your S-Off after upgrading hboot?

Sent from nowhere over the air...

Look at the pic. This is all I have on phone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140614_143505.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	2797631
Lg G2
 
Rapier
Old
#4  
Rapier's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1605
Posts: 3,466
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bucharest

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristy78 View Post
Look at the pic. This is all I have on phone.

Attachment 2797631
OK, you might have upgraded to 2.16 via RUU. Anyway, there says RELOCKED...that means you'r bootloader is NOT unlocked therefore you cannot write any recovery. Follow the instructions for unlocking bootloader on HTC Dev site then flash latest TWRP recovery. Then you can flash any ROM, make S-Off and so on
Don't force it...use a bigger hammer!

HTC One S - AOSPA Legacy 4+ / CandyKat
HTC Desire S - IceColdSandwich
HTC Legend - CyanogenMod V7.1.0 (sold)
The Following User Says Thank You to Rapier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes