Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,289 Members 46,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootloader accidentally RELOCKED

Tip us?

woodywoodson
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bootloader accidentally RELOCKED

My HTC ONE Verizon I have accidentally relocked and cannot flash a working recovery. S-OFF. It happened by accident while I was using WinDroid universal toolkit and hit relock by mistake, I have CWM recovery on it but I can't wipe and install a ROM without it freezing. I have tried sideloading liquidsmooth but it stalls at startup. Is there a way to get an unlocked bootloader without installing a ROM? Do I need to use an RUU and if so which one?

Thank you very much in advance.

Uzephi
Old
Thanks Meter 323

DONATE TO ME
There is a zip from Scotty's thread on how to lock/unlock using recovery or su commands.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 783

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodywoodson View Post
My HTC ONE Verizon I have accidentally relocked and cannot flash a working recovery. S-OFF. It happened by accident while I was using WinDroid universal toolkit and hit relock by mistake, I have CWM recovery on it but I can't wipe and install a ROM without it freezing. I have tried sideloading liquidsmooth but it stalls at startup. Is there a way to get an unlocked bootloader without installing a ROM? Do I need to use an RUU and if so which one?

Thank you very much in advance.
since you are s off you can also use my ruu mode compatible trwp in my ruu thread. that will get you a custom recovery and root back. then run the command to unlock from Scotty's thread.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk