Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 48,046 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ViperOne M8 won't boot

Tip us?

jlaprevote
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] ViperOne M8 won't boot

I've got the Sprint HTC One M8. Bootloader unlocked, rooted, S-off, CWM recovery.

I'm trying to flash ViperOne M8 and done just about everything I can think of but without any luck. It completes install, but upon reboot, it boots back to the bootloader. At that point, I'm able to get into recovery but can't boot into ROM.

I've been trying ViperOne 1.6.0, and currently downloading an older version to see if that'll work.

I tried Android Revolution HD and InsertCoin. Both worked fine, so I know I'm able to flash custom ROMs just fine, but not ViperOne. Any ideas?

chobungus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaprevote View Post
I've got the Sprint HTC One M8. Bootloader unlocked, rooted, S-off, CWM recovery.

I'm trying to flash ViperOne M8 and done just about everything I can think of but without any luck. It completes install, but upon reboot, it boots back to the bootloader. At that point, I'm able to get into recovery but can't boot into ROM.

I've been trying ViperOne 1.6.0, and currently downloading an older version to see if that'll work.

I tried Android Revolution HD and InsertCoin. Both worked fine, so I know I'm able to flash custom ROMs just fine, but not ViperOne. Any ideas?
I was having problems with some ROMs as well and I was able to fix it by doing an "advanced wipe" in TWRP and wiping the cache, dalvik, data and system. The default wipe in TWRP does not wipe system.

Not sure if CWM does this or if you have similar options, but you might want to make sure you wipe system.
HTC One M8 (VZW) S-Off
Current ROM: Paranoid
TWRP v2.7.0.2

jlaprevote
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobungus View Post
I was having problems with some ROMs as well and I was able to fix it by doing an "advanced wipe" in TWRP and wiping the cache, dalvik, data and system. The default wipe in TWRP does not wipe system.

Not sure if CWM does this or if you have similar options, but you might want to make sure you wipe system.

Yeah, I've tried wiping everything multiple ways. I actually tried to switch recovery from CWM to TWRP so I could do their advanced wipe, but it wouldn't work.

I attempted to change to TWRP using fastboot (adding TWRP to fastboot folder, and using the "fastboot flash recovery" command), but when I did that, nothing happened. Command prompt went to the next line without any confirmation or error.

chobungus
Old
(Last edited by chobungus; 30th May 2014 at 06:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Yeah, I've tried wiping everything multiple ways. I actually tried to switch recovery from CWM to TWRP so I could do their advanced wipe, but it wouldn't work.

I attempted to change to TWRP using fastboot (adding TWRP to fastboot folder, and using the "fastboot flash recovery" command), but when I did that, nothing happened. Command prompt went to the next line without any confirmation or error.
Hmm that's odd. Did you try using adb sideload? If that doesn't work I guess I would redownload the ROM (or maybe an older version), make sure to verify the md5, and try installing again.

Sorry I can't be of much help! Good luck!
HTC One M8 (VZW) S-Off
Current ROM: Paranoid
TWRP v2.7.0.2

jlaprevote
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Update: Resolved!

Tried previous versions of ViperOne with no luck.

Tried to flash TWRP again and I was able to do so just fine. Flashing with TWRP successfully installed ViperOne! Very happy with it.

Vancer
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Hmm... I have the Sprint M8 H/K edition and having the same problem ??

Using TWRP and did advanced wipe (cache, dalvik, data and system)

Also tried flashing both "stock" version and "viper" version in the aroma options and still same thing... goes through the flash process and then just boots into HBOOT???

I downloaded twice and also checked the md5 so that's not the issue

Vancer
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Update: Resolved!

Tried previous versions of ViperOne with no luck.

Tried to flash TWRP again and I was able to do so just fine. Flashing with TWRP successfully installed ViperOne! Very happy with it.
Which version of TWRP did you use to resolve your issue?

Thanks!