Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,481 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone Dropped Touch Not Working

Tip us?

piCool13
Old
(Last edited by piCool13; 12th June 2014 at 02:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Question [Q] Phone Dropped Touch Not Working

I am using XPERIA Neo V (MT11i) yesterday my phone slipped off from my hand and struck on the floor facing the screen
The screen damaged severely and touch stopped responding but there is no sign of crack or any kind of LCD display malfunctioning so I decided to repair it and change the DIGITIZER by myself but after watching touch screen (digitizer) repairing videos on youtube I got little confused because in most of the videos I have seen even the screen got severely damaged they were still working but mine is not so I'm wondering even if I purchase a digitizer and install it on my phone but if it might not work then.

So my question is should I purchase a new DIGITIZER available on ebay and repair it by self as its easy to repair it at home? or should I go and repair it from SONY service center or local mobile repair shop but there are two threats:

1). If I go to SONY service center they will charge high (Because for an old phone I don't want to spend more money).
2). If i go to local repair shop they might not use a good quality digitizer which could lead to issues soon or affect overall touch experience.

SCREENS

Essem G
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Your digitizer looks pretty cracked so perhaps replacing the digitizer will work. PERHAPS. You should go ahead and repair it at home because parts for old phones are pretty cheap and if you are comfortable, what do you have to lose?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Essem G For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

piCool13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Sure I will repair it in home.
Thanks

My Devices: Moto E (XT1022) <- SE Neo V (MT11i)
Tags
digitizer replacement, neo v