Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 50,849 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing from Cricket to Page Plus?

Tip us?

squirrelyman91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Flashing from Cricket to Page Plus?

Hi there, I'm new to the forums so apologies if I come off sounding like a newbie.

I recently bought an SIII off eBay, and the carrier is Cricket. I wanted to know if it could be flashed to Page Plus without much trouble.

It also has a SIM card slot, but I don't have a card for it. Will it matter if I have a SIM card or not, since it's a CDMA based phone?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1573
Hi! Welcome! I can't answer your question, but are you sure your S3 has a Sim slot? Are you sure it's not the microSD slot? Is it an SPH-L710? Or is it the Verizon version and do they use one that has a Sim slot for some reason? Some newer CDMA phones so have Sim slots but AFAIK, not the "old" S3.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Also, have you looked at this thread in the same section? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2270191

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

squirrelyman91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
Hi! Welcome! I can't answer your question, but are you sure your S3 has a Sim slot? Are you sure it's not the microSD slot? Is it an SPH-L710? Or is it the Verizon version and do they use one that has a Sim slot for some reason? Some newer CDMA phones so have Sim slots but AFAIK, not the "old" S3.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Also, have you looked at this thread in the same section? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2270191

It has a microSD slot, as well as a SIM card slot. It's the SCH-R530C variant of the phone.

I'm just a bit confused on why there is a SIM card slot on a CDMA type phone.

tclemens
Old
Thanks Meter 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelyman91 View Post
It has a microSD slot, as well as a SIM card slot. It's the SCH-R530C variant of the phone.

The Cricket S3 uses a sim for 4g
Sprint Galaxy S3 Flashed to Cricket
TW ROM Wicked X
nyfl2004's elegant white theme

CM based ROM Beanstalk 4.4
Kernel Ktoonz
The Following User Says Thank You to tclemens For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

galets
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelyman91 View Post

R530C is cricket. Dump it. Pretty much nobody here makes firmwares compatible with this piece of junk. There is a site where you can get _some_ downloads for it (cricketusers?..), but I don't like it, it's very shady and very few people actually work on it. You MUST have ONLY cricket SIM card in order to get it working and can't even buy it (Cricket SIM) on ebay. I got that phone back in the days, and it's a waste of money and time. If you can return it - do it, because whoever sold it to you lied if he said it is a sprint phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to galets For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]