Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 41,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth Earbuds

Tip us?

airmaxx23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastido View Post
You'll love them. Sounds quality is amazing, they don't slide out of your ears like most others I've tried, and they kill probably 90% or more of the mower nose.
I've used them for about an hour and they sound good but not quite as good as the Tone+ when comparing the two without Viper4Android enabled. After making a few adjustments in V4A I have them sounding amazing now. I've been doing some testing with the Tone+ and have finally figured out that no matter what I do I can not get them to stop skipping with Google Play Music. I even returned them for another new set and they do the same thing on my Note 3 but work fine with my old S3. The Go 2s work perfectly fine though.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"

sniickers
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Far as my experience with bluetooth buds......I have the plantronics backbeat 2 series. Love them, sound almost as good as my premium plug in eshure headphones. They are very light weight, they hold on in the ear while working out and offer just about every premium feature most bt headsets offer like, voice search without picking up the phone, volume control, skip and go back in music programs including pause, and even verbal alert of disconnect and connect and headset battery status. The only gripe I have ever heard about them, is battery life. I generally get up to about 6 hours of constant use which is enough for me. It is rated 4-6 hours any way. Price was only the reason I didnt buy the only bt headphones that in my opinion surpasses these in overall quality/features, which was the jaybirds. Which in my opinion, only offers 8 hrs battery for double the cost and "possibly" better sound production. Now far as sound blockage, the included earbuds do a decent job of blocking out outside sound. But for better sound blockage, I would recommend buying custom earbuds are find some foam ones if possible. I do apologize, but I dont have any recommendations on that since I havent personally looked into that option. Best of luck on whatever you choose.

Montisaquadeis
Old
(Last edited by Montisaquadeis; 2nd June 2014 at 03:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 22
I personally hate earbuds with a passion they just hurt the inside of my ears way to easily. I currently have a pair of Velodyne vFrees that I got for free thanks to them giving them away at CES this year. 8 hours of listening and they pair fine with my mobile devices but have issues on my desktop running windows 7 over bluetooth so I chalk that up to microsoft. Not a big deal I plug them into the back of my Samson Meteor mic since the controls don't work over the wire and I can control the volume with the knob on the front of the mic. controls work fine over Bluetooth tho. They sound much better then my several year old $35 Logitech I got at walmarts back in 2010 or so. Can not tell you what model the logitechs are. After having used the vfrees for a while the logitech sound like ass next to them lol. The vfrees are an on ear set with an odd design for the cups as they are egg shaped in design. They retail for about $300 but are on amazon for about $150 or so. The design of them isn't bulky which I like a lot. They basically curve around the top of your head but with the cup design they sit a bit farther back on your head tho. They are nice and out of the way and even fold up for carrying. They come with a pouch as well as cables for going wired. Mine did not come with a charger tho or a box but I think that was becuase they were giving them away for CES 2014.

SladeZero
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeebot View Post
I use an app called SyncTunes. Install the app on the phone and install the client app on your computer and it'll sync your iTunes playlist wirelessly as long as you're on the same WiFi network. I use it on OSX and it works great, they have a Windows version too. Both the app and client are free, there's also a paid version with extra features.
I will try this. Tired of having a 20GB music multiplied by two on the computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl46 View Post
Yes, I have the 730. I've tried it on 4 different phones (2 Android, 2 iPhones) and it still doesn't vibrate when paired, even with phone on loud or vibrate. I think they are defective.
I would question if your Tone+ are real at this point. As far as I know everyone with Tone+ can not turn off the dang vibrate. Did you register them on the LG site? Where did you purchase them from? Call LG support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montisaquadeis View Post
I personally hate earbuds with a passion they just hurt the inside of my ears way to easily. I currently have a pair of Velodyne vFrees that I got for free thanks to them giving them away at CES this year. 8 hours of listening and they pair fine with my mobile devices but have issues on my desktop running windows 7 over bluetooth so I chalk that up to microsoft. Not a big deal I plug them into the back of my Samson Meteor mic since the controls don't work over the wire and I can control the volume with the knob on the front of the mic. controls work fine over Bluetooth tho. They sound much better then my several year old $35 Logitech I got at walmarts back in 2010 or so. Can not tell you what model the logitechs are. After having used the vfrees for a while the logitech sound like ass next to them lol. The vfrees are an on ear set with an odd design for the cups as they are egg shaped in design. They retail for about $300 but are on amazon for about $150 or so. The design of them isn't bulky which I like a lot. They basically curve around the top of your head but with the cup design they sit a bit farther back on your head tho. They are nice and out of the way and even fold up for carrying. They come with a pouch as well as cables for going wired. Mine did not come with a charger tho or a box but I think that was becuase they were giving them away for CES 2014.
I used to have issues with earbuds, found out my ear canals are smaller than most others. Try getting the smaller pads, this fixed the issue of the earbuds hurting for me. ALSO, turn them down. Since earbuds go in... sound barely escapes so it can cause discomfort while listening if they are too loud or things are too bassy.

I want to find a pair BT headphones that are not earbuds but over ears, that are worth listening too but not some Dr. Dre or Kanya West brand. Aint paying a million dollars for someones name to be plastered on the side of them.
~I'm not a flash-a-holic... I will never admit it.~

My Phones:
~Samsung Note 3: Stock 4.4.2 Made it Ra1n!
~Sony Xperia TL: Orange Stock 4.0.4 (Resurrected from Hard Brick, inactive)
~Samsung Captivate: AOKP ICS Milestone (retired again, third time)
~LG Shine: ~in Heaven~

My Phones:
~Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7"): Stock 4.2.2 Rooted & Debloated

mrej201
Old
Thanks Meter 100
lg tones are the best with amazing battery life
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-allen View Post
Amazing how a a handfull of Devs on here can accomplish more in a weekend then a multiBillion Dollar company can in 6 months.

troyd28
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Lg tone ultra.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

kamfl610
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyd28 View Post
Lg tone ultra.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
I just upgraded from lg tone+ 700 to the ultras. I loved the 700 but wow, the ultra is truly a step up. They definitely put more bass in the drivers on the earbuds. I would highly recommend both versions but if you can spend the extra money, go to the ultra. I'm still keeping my 700's for like heavy duty exercising but the ultra's I'll use for my everyday commute. Amazon germany didn't sell them so I had to get them from the UK so they were a little more expensive but at about 100 dollars. All I have to say is that they truly are great. Highly recommended.

blaine07
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Got my BackBeat GO 2s today. Great sound. Love em. Even got Bestbuy to price match Amazon, somehow haha. Like the sound though. Android app reports battery life and such. So far, impressed. Seem to fit good and tight. Only complaint so far is I wish the buttons on cord were a little father down but I can deal

Sent from my SM-N900V

The Following User Says Thank You to blaine07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]