[Q] LTE connectivity slow upon WiFi-disable on PA and CM rom

Search This thread
Apr 2, 2013
I own a Nexus 7 (2013) LTE tablet and I'm trying to enjoy Paranoid/CyanogenMod rom, however, a huge deal breaker for me is how slow these two roms connect to LTE upon disabling my WiFi.

These are the times I get for LTE connectivity upon WiFi-disable:
Stock Android 4.4.2 = ~ 1 second
PA 4.4 RC1 = ~1min20 seconds
CM11 20140614 Nightly = ~1min20sec

I've uploaded a demonstration on YouTube... apparently I cant post link, but just YouTube this
"LTE Connectivity Issue PA and CM ROM for Nexus 7 2013"

Can anyone help me fix this? Id really like to enjoy these roms.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
I own a Nexus 7 (2013) LTE tablet and I'm trying to enjoy Paranoid/CyanogenMod rom, however, a huge deal breaker for me is how slow these two roms connect to LTE upon disabling my WiFi.

These are the times I get for LTE connectivity upon WiFi-disable:
Stock Android 4.4.2 = ~ 1 second
PA 4.4 RC1 = ~20 seconds
CM11 20140614 Nightly = ~1min20sec

I've uploaded a demonstration on YouTube... apparently I cant post link, but just YouTube this
"LTE Connectivity Issue PA and CM ROM for Nexus 7 2013"

Can anyone help me fix this? Id really like to enjoy these roms.
Thanks.

Maybe there's an issue with AOSP 4.4.3 and deb, which is why you don't have the 4.4.3 Google images yet? What happens if you try the last 4.4.2 PA/CM builds?

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
Yup. Same with 4.4.2 builds :/

If you knew about when the problem started, you could probably trace the issue back to a certain commit. That's going to be a lot of work, and probably not worth the effort.

If you're not willing to put up with it, you are probably going to end up using Xposed and GravityBox to get your custom ROM features on stock. I don't really see many options here.

Apr 2, 2013
If you knew about when the problem started, you could probably trace the issue back to a certain commit. That's going to be a lot of work, and probably not worth the effort.

If you're not willing to put up with it, you are probably going to end up using Xposed and GravityBox to get your custom ROM features on stock. I don't really see many options here.

yea.. I see. I guess that is a viable option. thanks for your input!