Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,798 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Did I wipe my sdcard folder correctly?

Tip us?

erythrocytes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Did I wipe my sdcard folder correctly?

Hi, today I sold my Nexus 7 '13. Before this, I obviously wanted to do a full wipe (delete not only app data, but the whole /sdcard, including pictures, movies, music, etc.)

I went to TWRP, selected "advanced wipe" and checked every box, including "internal storage". It turned out it deleted the OS too, but I had Nexus Toolkit on my PC, so I flashed stock 4.4.3 image (it warned me it will fully wipe the device, which I actually needed). Booted it up and everything worked fine.

But just to be sure, because all of this was last-minute, I want to ask two questions:

1) Did I really wipe all my internal memory, including pictures, downloads, and stuff?
2) Will the device be working fine?

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by erythrocytes View Post
Hi, today I sold my Nexus 7 '13. Before this, I obviously wanted to do a full wipe (delete not only app data, but the whole /sdcard, including pictures, movies, music, etc.)

I went to TWRP, selected "advanced wipe" and checked every box, including "internal storage". It turned out it deleted the OS too, but I had Nexus Toolkit on my PC, so I flashed stock 4.4.3 image (it warned me it will fully wipe the device, which I actually needed). Booted it up and everything worked fine.

But just to be sure, because all of this was last-minute, I want to ask two questions:

1) Did I really wipe all my internal memory, including pictures, downloads, and stuff?
2) Will the device be working fine?
That's fine. Should have relocked the bootloader, though. Oh well.

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: jajb

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror