Did I wipe my sdcard folder correctly?

OP erythrocytes

9th June 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Hi, today I sold my Nexus 7 '13. Before this, I obviously wanted to do a full wipe (delete not only app data, but the whole /sdcard, including pictures, movies, music, etc.)

I went to TWRP, selected "advanced wipe" and checked every box, including "internal storage". It turned out it deleted the OS too, but I had Nexus Toolkit on my PC, so I flashed stock 4.4.3 image (it warned me it will fully wipe the device, which I actually needed). Booted it up and everything worked fine.

But just to be sure, because all of this was last-minute, I want to ask two questions:

1) Did I really wipe all my internal memory, including pictures, downloads, and stuff?
2) Will the device be working fine?
15th June 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,263

3,161 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erythrocytes

Hi, today I sold my Nexus 7 '13. Before this, I obviously wanted to do a full wipe (delete not only app data, but the whole /sdcard, including pictures, movies, music, etc.)

I went to TWRP, selected "advanced wipe" and checked every box, including "internal storage". It turned out it deleted the OS too, but I had Nexus Toolkit on my PC, so I flashed stock 4.4.3 image (it warned me it will fully wipe the device, which I actually needed). Booted it up and everything worked fine.

But just to be sure, because all of this was last-minute, I want to ask two questions:

1) Did I really wipe all my internal memory, including pictures, downloads, and stuff?
2) Will the device be working fine?

That's fine. Should have relocked the bootloader, though. Oh well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread