Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note3 SM-N900 NANDroid Backup/Restore

Tip us?

apex2000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Info 2 [Q] Note3 SM-N900 NANDroid Backup/Restore

I hope you will be patient with my somewhat nooby questions. I am just getting started with Android (at the age of 60) but have many years of PC experience.

I have a Galaxy Note III (SM-N900 hlte) and I am researching on backup/restore methods. I hope to be able to use the following pair of apps: 'Online Nandroid' and 'Nandroid Manager' to achieve what I desire. However, my confidence is still not that high on whether my thinking is correct.

I have done a Nandroid backup with Online Nanadroid, and I assume that I should be able to restore that backup using Nandroid Manager after, for example, flashing some other ROM to my phone.

Is my thinking correct? Or, can you point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give.

IzArsha
Old
Thanks Meter 623

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by apex2000 View Post
I hope you will be patient with my somewhat nooby questions. I am just getting started with Android (at the age of 60) but have many years of PC experience.

I have a Galaxy Note III (SM-N900 hlte) and I am researching on backup/restore methods. I hope to be able to use the following pair of apps: 'Online Nandroid' and 'Nandroid Manager' to achieve what I desire. However, my confidence is still not that high on whether my thinking is correct.

I have done a Nandroid backup with Online Nanadroid, and I assume that I should be able to restore that backup using Nandroid Manager after, for example, flashing some other ROM to my phone.

Is my thinking correct? Or, can you point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give.
Yes. But you can also nandroid backup using CWM before you flash the rom. Save the nandroid backup to your pc and flash your roms.
If I do help, don't forget to press thanks.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 32GB White/Black
[My own KitKat Custom Rom (IzArsha Mark 7 Android EvolutionX)] ◄/► [MIUI V5 N9005]
SneakyKat_Rev3.2
► = Awesome Battery Life
The Following User Says Thank You to IzArsha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]