Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 40,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help with Bionic, that has Safestrap 3.6 installed but no OS

Tip us?

Dark Karas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Need help with Bionic, that has Safestrap 3.6 installed but no OS

I work at a cell fix shop and one of my customers brought in a Bionic that his son tried to root and ended up with Safestrap 3.6 installed but no OS. I have done OS fixes by completely wiping the phone and re-installing the stock OS but I would like to just be able to place the stock os in the stock os rom slot but I have no idea how or where to start looking for those files and I have tried searching here for them but I don't know what the official os is for this phone. Any help would be awesome, until this happened I had never even seen safestrap, and I have no idea how to use it and not the time to figure it out by myself. Thanks guys!

B.E.McAllister
Old
Thanks Meter 10
If I remember correctly I don't think your going to be able to because he wiped the system, you could try installing the deoxided stock and see

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Dark Karas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E.McAllister View Post
If I remember correctly I don't think your going to be able to because he wiped the system, you could try installing the deoxided stock and see

Ok so should I look then for "deoxided stock" for bionic? or is there a specific version # or something specific I should be looking for? Also if you happen to have a link to that it would be awesome

B.E.McAllister
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Here's a link
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php?/topic/16256-[Bionic][MODs]-Deodex-&-1%-Battery-Mods-for-Stock-JB-98.72.22
But I did notice it's just the os not the system so I doubt it'll work. You could flash a stock based ROM like FlyingJelly and that should take but it would have tweaks and themes different from stock

antennaman1969
Old
Thanks Meter 0
FXZ that baby back to stock! I made an oopsie and that was the ticket. Restores file structure and bootloader, etc. Reinstall Safestrap.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk