Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,576 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G1 has Tizen Downgrade, How far fetched would customizing it for Gear 2

Tip us?

seh6183
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceppc View Post
I also get 3 days of usage on my Gear 1 running Null. Besides those apps you mentioned have you ever heard of an app called Tasker?... You can run it on a gear(running Android) and if you know anything about Tasker you know the endless capabilities it brings...

I stand by my claims that Tizen is crappy. Yes it may be prejudgemental but too bad. Today's mobile environment does not need another OS... We have a few already. Mozilla is trying to make their own OS. And yes that's crappy too... An OS is only as good as it's adoption. And right now iOS and Android are the 2 most adopted. I don't have time to spend another 6 years to bring Tizen up to the speed those 2 OS' are already at. For what...? Yeah battery life is good. What does that OS even do to drain battery....?
Are you honestly getting 3 days using null? I used null and could hard make it through a day, if at all. I'm curious, what do you use Tasker for on the gear 1?
Sent from my iPhone 4

daretofaceme
Old
Thanks Meter 0
He meant gear 2... read the previous replies

seh6183
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by daretofaceme View Post
He meant gear 2... read the previous replies
Huh?
Sent from my iPhone 4

Razor29
Old
(Last edited by Razor29; 12th June 2014 at 10:14 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
I must say conceptually I have been reading about Tizen and I think the OS has a very interesting future and I dont think its a bad OS or a bad choice for the Gear ... that being said the Sdk is in its early stages, Many Tizen fetures and not available, the current market status is horrendous.. and more people, I think have more experiance developing for Android.
Personally I find that creating an app with android studio a million times easier and more cohesive, then using Tizen wearable IDE, the limited fubctionallity of both the OS and IDE due to its not long ago releae for wearables.
The IDE its self ( in my opinion) has terrible Integragion of Tizen for Wearable...
So for now porting Apps from android to android is obviously easier
It would be interested to get a working on port of Android wearable.
All in all, for the time being having android would yield much more apps, customization, functionality and cross device compatability. but like I said this maybe true for the time being....

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

juiceppc
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Yes 3 days Gear 1 running Null. I do power it off at night though as I dont wear it to bed. But I do not charge it. Also motion power on is enabled. My display brightness is set at 2.